Recommended tyre pressures - Cornish Lass
Just picked up a set of Vauxhall alloys off a late C Reg Nova GTE to put on our Corsa. They are fitted with 155/70 13R Dunlop SP9's and we need to know recommended tyre pressures for these. We have a Corsa manual but this size tyre is not listed.

Thanks in advance!
Recommended tyre pressures - piston power
i used to run ours at 26psi front 24 psi rear as it wasn't fully loaded if rear passengers try 26psi all round..
Recommended tyre pressures - Screwloose
Cornish lass

What size do you have on there at the moment and what pressure do you run those at? Those very strange tyres are going to undergear the car quite a bit. Are you sure of the size?

They are not suited to the job and you really should get your insurer's OK before you fit them or you could be uninsured.

As to pressures; try 32 front 26 rear.
Recommended tyre pressures - bell boy
i thought nova gte rims were 14 inch,its to be hoped cornish lass that you have the proper wheel nuts as i remember a local lad losing a wheel for using the wrong nuts on a nova with gte rims,in fact i once did the same with a mk1 feza :-(
Recommended tyre pressures - Dynamic Dave
i thought nova gte rims were 14 inch ....

According to the Dunlop website, a Nova GTE is fitted with 185/60R14's
Recommended tyre pressures - Cornish Lass
It was a Nova SRI (not GTE sorry!) They are 13" and genuine Vauxhall alloys, but possibly not the originals on the Nova. The Corsa has bog standard steel wheels at the mo - can't check tyre size as hubby taken it to work, but they are also 13".

Didn't think the change was that severe since we had been looking at others with real low profile tyres on, so thought these being a similar size would be better match for the Corsa.
Recommended tyre pressures - Ford Dagenham
Hello

In my oppinion i would stick with the steel wheels until you can find some proper wheels that are matched to the car.

If you go fitting wheels that are not factory fit etc you run the risk of not being insured etc.

Also a change in width and profile will alter the speedometer.
--
(iam not a mechanic)
Martin Winters
Recommended tyre pressures - Dynamic Dave
It was a Nova SRI (not GTE sorry!) They are 13" and genuine Vauxhall alloys
but possibly not the originals on the Nova.

Well according to the Dunlop website, the SRi was fitted with 185/60R14's (same as the GTE), so it does sound like they weren't the originals.
Didn't think the change was that severe ...

If the rolling circumference between the exisiting tyres and replacement tyres is different, then you'll get speedo inaccuracies.

If you goto www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg2.html and put in the Nova wheel size and your Corsa wheel size in "The wheel offset calculator" you'll see what the difference is (if any)

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/11/2007 at 10:15

Recommended tyre pressures - Victorbox
By comparison our Corsa C with factory fit 185/55 15 inch alloys has recommended pressures of F:32psi R:26 psi.
Recommended tyre pressures - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Our recently acquired 1997 1.2LS Corsa B with steel wheels has 165/70 x 13 tyres.
30 psi front and rear at present.
Recommended tyre pressures - Ruperts Trooper
155/70 13 tyres were fitted to early Novas as an alternative to the original's 135/80 13.

For 155/70 13 tyres the pressure should be 24 front and rear.

Later Novas used 145/80 13 & 165/70 13 and equivalent radius 14" tyres.