yr 2002 - Chip key - Petel
Sisters neighbour has lost main key to her 2002 Fiesta, is using the spare at this time.

Key is a standard black topped Ford key ( no buttons ) with a red insert in the top edge. Have looked on Ebay ( I have little knowlege of Fords ) and have found identical blank keys but the text says " for cars up to 98 " and that Fiesta's from 2003 on have a key with a blue insert.

Can anyone please confirm if the key for a 2002 Fiesta would be a chipped, red insert key or not?

Thank you.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 22/10/2007 at 01:03

Chip key - Screwloose

It will contain a chip. Was the main key red?
Chip key - L'escargot
The handbook will give information regarding keys and obtaining replacements. I've always found that Ford dealers can (quite cheaply) cut new ones from blanks, complete with the appropriate chip. Undoubtedly a Ford dealer would be the best authority on all aspects of obtaining another key.
--
L\'escargot.
Chip key - Petel
Thanks to you both for the replies.

Can confirm just two plain black keys with the red insert, no red key, no "T" tags and no handbook. Owner has just let slip that she mislaid the original key over six months ago but has been " far too busy " to do anything about it. ( Ho Hum! )

Thanks again to you both.
Rgds.
Chip key - Screwloose
Petel

Not good; the red key should be kept safe to programme new ones.

First; ring the dealer and see what that's going to cost.

Then try an automotive locksmith from Yell.com. There may be some crafty tricks.
Chip key - Pugugly {P}
Screwloose,

Are you sure ? Sisters' 2000 Puma had two keys, the big remote one and a smaller one with a red chip in it (innit ?), when I was sorting it for sale, I thought i needed a red 'un, but some web research including on here made it clear that it was a later version and the red chipped one was the master.
Chip key - Pugugly {P}
There was a website where you link to from here that provided this Mastering service for you as well.

www.remotekey.co.uk/cars/ford/

Found it !

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 22/10/2007 at 12:38

Chip key - Screwloose
PU

As you probably know; I hate security issues with a vengeance and farm them out to a locksmith at every opportunity - but my feeling was that the red-chip keys [slaves] went with a red master and the blue chip keys were all masters.
Chip key - Pugugly {P}
Sorry SL wasn't tying to be clever !!
Chip key - Screwloose
PU

Feel free; if I never see another flashing immob light I'd be a happy man....

[Well; OK - that's a bit OTT. Maybe marginally less grumpy...]
Chip key - Petel
Must agree, these chipped keys can be a pain in the proverbial. Many thanks Pug for the link, it should be of help.
Rgds.
Chip key - Pugugly {P}
www.mirez.co.uk/Keys.htm

some more info.