Pressure washer -what to look for when buying one - wazza
With my old car i used to wash it using sponge and water (mixed with car shampoo). Due to my disability this event used to be once every 5 or 6 months. Being a silver car it tend to hide the dirt better. The kids also help out.

Now i have a new car it will be nice to wash it now and then. Due to a stuck on aerial on the roof automatic car washes are out where they use roller brushes. Could use a hand wash places.

I can't stand for long sponging the car myself. My eldest is 12 so she can't reach the high area. Toying with the idea of buying a pressure washer to wash the car with.

Does anyone own one? What do i look for? Where is the best place to buy from cheaply.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 21/10/2007 at 19:57

Pressure washer -what to look for when buying one - Pugugly {P}
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=56...0

I think all than can ever be said about them has been said in here.
Pressure washer -what to look for when buying one - stunorthants26
To solve the problem with doing height, Id suggest a long handled car brush which I know Autosmart outlets sell, usually used for cleaning vans www.autosmart.co.uk.
I think, and I may be wrong, that the maker is 'Bikan' or something similar. B&Q may do them, but cannot be sure.

That is what my neighbour uses on his vans and he even is able to run the hose through his. Ive been considering getting one myself for cleaning the occasional horsebox that I am asked to do.
Pressure washer -what to look for when buying one - Clk Sec
I was given some good advice here:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=55...0

Clk Sec

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 21/10/2007 at 16:33

Pressure washer -what to look for when buying one - nb857
Now i have a new car it will be nice to wash it now and
then. Due to a stuck on aerial on the roof automatic car washes are out
where they use roller brushes. Could use a hand wash places.

The aerial on my car is on the roof and I never take it off to go through a car wash. It clacks about abit but has come to no harm.

You are not the first person to wash a car through an auatomatic carwash. There isn't much money in washing cars if you can't wash those with aerials.

I think a "good" Karcher hot water pressure washer is about £1,800.