Insurance declined - LinuxGeek
I just rang my insurer to change the car on my policy and to my surprise they said to me they can't cover me and my wife on our new car which is a Mazda 323 TD insurance group 7. According to the chap I had on the other line, the car has very high insurance group so they can't cover anyone under 30 and we both are!
I'm just not happy about it. What could I do besides looking for a policy elsewhere. My current policy is expiring at the end of this month.

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 08/10/2007 at 17:51

Insurance declined - Screwloose

Ring them back and hope that this time you don't get an idiot.
Insurance declined - BobbyG
Try doing an online quote with the same company to see what it brings you up? Could be an error on the part of the person you dealt with.
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
Insurance declined - rtj70
If you have to go elsewhere at least if a prepaid policy you're not losing too much. Proably a muppet who thought you had a Mazda3 MPS 2.3 Turbo with about 260PS (Mazda 3 2.3 = 323?)
Insurance declined - stuartl
Ditto Screwloose!

The trouble is that most insurance companies have 16 year olds on minimum wage answering their phones who know nothing other than what the computer tells them.

I used to insure through a company that gave cheap quotes but what rubbish service when there was a claim (not MADE by me, I was hit by a third party!) A Maza 323 is hardly a performance car is it? What a clown! I ALWAYS get the name of anyone in situations like this and whilst I would sometimes complain about the muppets I ALWAYS make a point of praising the ones with a brain!!!
Insurance declined - hxj

Don't understand this post.

If the computer says they won't insure it they wont. Nothing to do with the person who answers the phone.
Insurance declined - Pugugly {P}

"If the computer says they won't insure it they wont. Nothing to do with the person who answers the phone"

In the words of NASA - Garbage in/Garbage out or the other acronym PICNIC - Person in Chair Not Computer.
Insurance declined - rtj70
I still put my money on someone looking at a list and think that's the one but selected the wrong one. A Mazda 323 diesel is only insurance group 7 according to Parker's guide. The fact the insurer said it was a very high insurance group when in fact it is not.

Then again if they cannot quote for a car properly imagine how bad they might be should you need to make a claim!
Insurance declined - Galad
Has to be a mistake. I understood my 323TD to be Group 6 not 7. Surely it's the same as a diesel Golf, Focus, or Astra?
Insurance declined - DP
Even Group 7 isn't high. The groups go up to 20!

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
Insurance declined - David Horn
I'm 21 and insured in a group 11 with no problems, so it sounds like you just got a muppet on the phone.
Insurance declined - jc2
Not all insurance companies rate the same car to the same number.
Insurance declined - bell boy
i thought the insurance groupings were changing to 1 to 50?
im sure i readed it on here?
Insurance declined - Pugugly {P}
or here:-
www.abi.org.uk/Newsreleases/viewNewsRelease.asp?nr...6
Insurance declined - Hugo {P}
Try Peter Goord Insurance Services

01752 361888.

Direct Line wanted to fleece me when we bought the Xantia. Up until then they had done the Pug on the policy with our NCD and offered to insure a second car on a policy that mirrored the NCD. They flatly refused with the Xantia.

Result. PG above managed to find plicis for both cars that mirrored NCD saving me a fortune and got my business. DL lost out completely
Insurance declined - james86
Any insurance company should be able to cover you on that car; as has been suggested it just sounds like they have got the car confused with another one. Perhaps the registration pulled up the wrong information on their screen - try giving them all the spec to base it on that not the reg?

I was insured at 19 on a group 12 car so it really shouldn't be an issue. And 7 certainly isn't a high insurance group!
Insurance declined - LinuxGeek
As suggested by few of you I even did a new online quotation on the insurers website but they didn't like it!
But saying that few sites like confused.com and moneysupermarket.com fetched me quotations from that respective insurer.
Anyway I've got a really good quote from M&S and I've insured it with them now. So I'll be cancelling my current insurance with the other insurer and eventually they'll might lose all the money I'm paying to them, insurance on another car and my house insurance!
Insurance declined - jbif
So for his next quote, how does Mazman have to answer this type of question "Have you ever had insurance refused?"