yr 2000. 1.4 16v cut out - armed80
i have a 2000 1.4 16v golf that keeps on cutting out when i am slowing down this doesnt always happen thought it seems to only be at the times when i have the clutch down and turning round a corner is it my bad driving or is this a problem with the car if it is a problem can someone advise what this problem could be and how i could remedy it
s
1.4 16v cut out - Screwloose

Your best first move is to get the throttle body thoroughly cleaned and the basic settings re-adapted by someone with the right knowledge and equipment.
1.4 16v cut out - armed80
cheers for that screwloose i will try what you have suggested and get back
yr 2000. 1.4 16v cut out - annaeloise
Hello,
I have the same problem on my 2003 1.4. Its only happened twice to me but the last time it happened I was slowing down round a corner. I then cannot start the car again unless I rev the engine a few times (the first few times I rev the engine the revs drop and cuts out again.)
I took it to a local garage and they put the car on a diagnostics machine(which picked up nothing as it had driven fine to the garage). They also cleaned out the air flow pipes-but I dont know if that will make any difference.
A friend thought it might be that the earth cable to the battery has corroded, but on looking mine seemed fine. Another thought was because this happening not long after I started driving on a cold morning, it could be due to the damp dew in the engine??? Someone sprayed WD40 on the wires but I again dont know if this will help.
does anyone have any ideas of what else this can be?
yr 2000. 1.4 16v cut out - Ian J
I agree with screw loose.
My wife's golf had a similar problem. It is not difficult to do.