Xantia tyre wear. - bogush
PPPPS But I said I would (or was it DWBRM who said I should?;-) so I will when I get round to it.

PPPPPS Are 2.0 petrol Xantias particularly hard on front tyres (Continental Super Contact round rubber things)? It might just be me, but I get the impression they seem to be wearing noticably, especially on the outsides, in the short time I\'ve had it.
PPPPPPS Does this thread now qualify for transfer to the Technical forum, and preservation for posterity!;-)

Yes it does so I did, hope that\'s OK

David [Mod]
Xantia tyre wear. - M.M
Well bogush I've given them a chance but now you're stuck with me.

Xantia's are/can be quite heavy on front tyres. In particular if you make use of the excellent brakes and nip about roundabouts with full use of PAS.

Just two things to check really. Is the tracking spot on and are you keeping the tyre pressures up to the correct figure?

Also quality tyres will mostly last better than budget.

David W
Xantia tyre wear. - Bromptonaut
FWIW,

OEM Michelins on my 18 month old 110HDi estate are just coming to the end of their useful at around 28k. Don't make too much use of the brakes but can see the Milton Keynes effect on the outer edges:-)

simon
Xantia tyre wear. - Bromptonaut
should have made clear i was talking about the fronts here. The rears will, like on the BX, fail structurally before the tread wears out.
Xantia tyre wear. - doug_523i
I've a 2.0 16v and my Goodyear Touring H-rated are looking noticeably worn on the front after 10,000, the rears look new. But the wear may be due to my driving style, I tend to push the front on fast corners.
Thanks for that guys.

Doing a 37 point turn after pulling in off the ring road and then swinging back out into traffic at speed probably doesn't help !;-(

Probably quite a change after the granada.
Xantia tyre wear. - Ian Cook
Bogush

94 TD did about 20K on front Michelins, and current HDi did 17K. I think Nelson will get his eye back before the rears wear out.

Ian Cook