Lumbar Support on seats - any experience ? - chukter
Having set my heart on buying an Accord 2.4 Executive/EX, which has an excellent spec including supposed lumber support, I have to admit that I found the driver`s seat to be most uncomfortable. I admit that I suffer from lower back problems, but find the seats on my current BMW, which has electric lumber adjustment, to be extremely comfortable.

I was still most impressed with the Accord, after finding the overall build quality to be superb & engineering quality second to very few, I really want to buy one. I was wondering if anybody else had found a means to increase the lumber support on this model, by the addition of some suitable additional support/Recaro seating.???
s
Honda Accord Seats - helicopter
Chukter - I have had the Accord Executive EX since May and have just returned from a long weekend away touring in Devon and Dorset and found the seating very comfortable.

The electronic motor seat adjustment together with steering wheel adjustment should give you a comfortable position whatever your shape or size .

The only problem is the seats do not have a memory.

However I too have a bad back and a knee problem for which I am currently taking anti inflammatories and pain killers which may have dulled any aches and pains or discomfort over the long drive.

Although I am very pleased with mine , I would be cautious about buying any car which you find uncomfortable - You spend a lot of time in the driving seat.

A company like Recaro could probably come up with a suitable solution but it is not likely to be cheap.

Incidentally , for your information following your question on the previous Honda Accord thread I found the mpg over the trip worked out at just over 29 mpg.
Honda Accord Seats - GroovyMucker
It may not be much help to you but initially I found the driver's seat in my Accord uncomfortable, compared to the Volvo I'd had previously. It wasn't something I'd noticed on the test drive. Eventually I grew accustomed to it.

I've had no complaints about the woman's seat.
Honda Accord Seats - chukter

helicopter - thanks for your feedback, I am wondering if the lumber adjustment on the particular vehicle I test drove was functioning properly as it didn`t seem to make a great deal of difference when positioned on optimum setting.

I don`t know if you can also vary the angle of the seat squab as well, as this would probably have an impact on finding the most comfortable position.

Thank you also for your info re your fuel consumption on your recent extended trip to the West Country, - if your drive included some of the Devon back roads, then 29+ mpg was quite acceptable.
Lumber Support on seats - any experience ? - NowWheels
Having set my heart on buying an Accord 2.4 Executive/EX which has an excellent spec
including supposed lumber support I have to admit that I found the driver`s seat to
be most uncomfortable.

Not surprising, really. Anything designed to carry big logs is not going to be great for a human.
Lumber Support on seats - any experience ? - nortones2
Beat me to it! Spell check not available?
Lumber Support on seats - any experience ? - helicopter
Just to clarify the controls......

The seat has two motors on the squab by the door and one manual handle lumbar adjustment on the seat back .

One switch takes the whole seat backwards and forwards and up and down by pushing in the appropriate direction.

The second switch brings the seat back forwards or backwards.

The manual adjustment handle turns forward or back to adjust or release the lumbar support into the small of the back.

To my mind if you cannot find a comfortable position with that range of adjustment then you very likely never will.

Go on chuckter , buy one - you know you want to ......

Lumbar Support on seats - any experience ? - Pugugly {P}
Lumbar/Lumber.

Probably some lazy editing from me when I tweaked the subject line...sorry
Lumbar Support on seats - any experience ? - Pendlebury
I have the 2.4 accord also and to be honest I have found the driving seats to be the best I have experienced - even better than my Saabs - HJ described them as:-
The seats are ?set them and forget them? superb. Honda has concentrated on ensuring that drivers sit properly, with their bums in a hole at the back of the squab and their thighs and back properly supported. The fact that you don?t have to constantly fiddle to get comfortable on the move is testament to how good they are. Easily as good and maybe better than a SAAB?s or Volvo?s.
They designed the seat in conjunction with Schukra who have a fantastic reputation for lumbar support and also design seats for BMW so I would doubt that you would need any additional lumbar support and maybe once you spend a little time optimising your seating and wheel position you should be ok.
Just make sure you can do this before you buy the car.
Thanks for your feedback and positive reports that eventually a comfortable position is attainable with patience. I certainly was suitably impressed enough with the car to persevere when I eventually find one.

Only problem being that I want a 2.4 manual EX and they seem to be scarcer than hens teeth at present. As I am in no desperate hurry, I will wait & see if more are available and prices drop when the new model is launched in 2008.

Apologies for my spelling error, - will ensure it`s lumbar in future.!!!!!