Brackley to Maidenhead commute - Johny B
Hello all,

I have a need for information and you guys are usually very helpful!

Due to a change in circumstance, I am considering moving to Brackley (Northants), and commuting (by car) to Maidenhead each day.

My route would be the most obvious A43, M40, A404. Off peak this is an easy 45/50 minute run. However does anyone have any experience doing this journey at 7am and return journey at 5pm?

Don't really want to spend more than an hour in the car in each way. Is this achievable on an 'average' day?

Cheers

John

Brackley to Maidenhead commute - local yokel
One major choke point is the M40 J4 - leaving the M40 for the A404. I've seen long tailbacks there , and they get worse as the sun rises later.

The junction was re-done a year or two back, but I'm not sure how things have improved. Likewise on the return trip you'll be queuing up the hill on the A404 for some time at 5pm I fear.
Brackley to Maidenhead commute - oldtoffee
Looking to average 50 mph over the journey during peak rush hour with very high traffic volumes? Unlikely most of the time IMO particularly as getting in to and out of Maidenhead is a pig.

The improvements to the M40 J4 with the A404 have arrived just in time for you potentially reducing the regular massive queues north on the A404; you can still bypass bad problems going via Marlow Bottom but lots of people know this!

It always seems to me that the M40 experiences more than its fair share of accidents and traffic issues between Oxford and High Wycombe so coupled with the above, I'd say allow longer and definitely try it out at those times at least twice if you can.
Brackley to Maidenhead commute - Altea Ego
A43/M40 junction is a major mess at peak times.
------------------------------
< Ex RF, Ex TVM >
Brackley to Maidenhead commute - commerdriver
where are you going in maidenhead
there are a couple of options & short cuts at that end dont know the brackley end very well
Brackley to Maidenhead commute - Johny B
Well, as suggested I am going to give it a test run on Thurs/Fri to gauge an initial idea of what it will be like.

As they say, there is only one way to find out.

Cheers