1.6 Fast idle with Weber 32/34 - baggins
hi

wonder if anyone can help, i have recently fitted a weber 32/34 to my golf 1.6 mk2, it was a second hand carb, but i refurbed it witha brand new weber service kit. When i first fit it, the floats were set too high and fuel went everywhere, after careful prodding the floats are now about 10mm, any less and it doesnt let fuel through at all...

I have had it tuned, mixture set and the timing corrected at a garage, however im having a problem with fast idle when hot, when i first start it its fine, then it seem erratic sometimes it fine and other times it revs away. Any thoughts on this at all? does it sound like a vac leak? if so what are the areas to check? i have looked at the cold air feed and read up about the flap in the airbox, mine has no flap, would this effect it so much?

suppose im just looking for advice on best where to start and what could or could not cause this?

im thinking - idel jets in carb dirty? vac leak? air pipes in wrong place?

please let me have your thoughts
s
thanks
fast idle with weber 32/34 - Screwloose
baggins

Carburettors seem a long time ago; but has this one got the Waxstat fast idle control?
1.6 Fast idle with Weber 32/34 - bell boy
play in butterfly spindle?
hay

butterfly spindle, im new to this carb stuff, where's that? no waxsat though, was on the pierburg i took off, not on this weber..
Just checked that mate, no its good, manual choke on this carb as well