Car Choice - Your Opinions - The Honourable
I receive a reasonable car allowance and commute 30k/annum on mainly motorways. What is the best way forward accounting for these factors:

1. Prefer larger saloon cars, with a prestige(ish) badge
2. Not for use at weekends.
3. Ideally do not want to spend more than £11k
4. Like to change cars regularly.

I could either by a £11k dealer warrantied car and keep for a year or save and buy something more expensive and keep for 3+ years!
Car Choice - Your Opinions - wobblyboot
Who (or what )are you hoping to impress with 11K?
Car Choice - Your Opinions - wobblyboot
Very sorry if any offence caused, I just wondered how prestigous a car could be obtained on that budget, what's the oldest you would consider?
Car Choice - Your Opinions - Martin Devon
Very sorry if any offence caused I just wondered how prestigous a car could be
obtained on that budget what's the oldest you would consider?

1995 E320. 54K miles. 4K cost. Alloys, A/C, Fogs, (yuck) Leather, New tyres. Go like whatsit off a shovel if you wish or poodles serenly around town, but I don't want to impress anybody so 4K it is then.

Use yer loaf...........................MD
Car Choice - Your Opinions - cjehuk
Audi A4 1.9TDI 130 in Sport or SE trim - around £11k should get you one of the later 04/54 plate models with say 60k miles on the clock. If you are going to be adding 30k a year to the car I would expect to part ways with that car in no more than 2.5 years, though having said that while working at a South East Audi dealer we saw a number of A4 1.9TDIs that were clocking up 30-45k a year and bar a little interior wear on the gear level gaitor nothing went wrong at all mechanically. Just make sure you abide by the service intervals and especially the cambelt changes.
Car Choice - Your Opinions - Pugugly {P}
Octavia or Superb
Car Choice - Your Opinions - cattleman6
I can back that up. The Octavia and Superb Skodas are genuinely outstanding cars and very well built.
Car Choice - Your Opinions - Pugugly {P}
Picture of vehicle
2006 55 Reg SKODA Superb 1.9 TDi PD 100 Classic (trade)

Riverside Eastern Ltd

* 13,555 miles
* Manual
* GREEN
* Diesel

4 Doors, Manual, Saloon, Diesel, 13,555 miles, Metallic Green, 1 Owner. ABS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Climate Control, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric
logo

£10,000

There you are with a grand to spend on diesel.