Strange Convoy - zm
Perhaps one of you might be able to enlighten me on this...

I have noticed over the last few weeks, several strange convoys of executive cars using the Derby - Ashbourne - Leek - Macclesfield road and hav'nt a clue what it could possibly be about.

The convoy contains about 10 Mercedes C320CDI's, all of which are filthy, have a small aftermarket stick on type reflector located in the middle of the rear bumper (the area around which is kept clean), all cars contain only one occupant (the driver), who is normally dressed in a shirt/tie. I would not have thought that these are chauffeur cars judging by the filthy state of them.

On other occasions I have noticed a similar procession on the same route made up of S Type Jags.

Just seems a little weird when you see it.

Suggestions?
Strange Convoy - P E
I agree, a little weird, and I have no idea what it could be. Reminds me of Brixmis or Soxmis tours from the cold war!
Strange Convoy - ForumNeedsModerating
These are undoubtedly aliens, they always give themselves away (ha!) with that little 'reflective' sticker - it's actually a wormhole transmogriphying device to allow contact with their multi-verse analogues.
Strange Convoy - dxp55
Don't be silly - if it was a wormhole we would have seen a Klingon Battle cruiser by now
Strange Convoy - Tim Allcott
Nahhhh! It's cloaked!
--
Tim{P}
Strange Convoy - adverse camber
what sort of reflector ?

There is ongoing research into selfdriving cars - keeping distance auto braking etc. Could it be related?
Strange Convoy - zm
what sort of reflector ?
There is ongoing research into selfdriving cars - keeping distance auto braking etc. Could it
be related?

A little rectangular one, looks like one of those stick on ones from a car accessory shop. I do know that part of this road is occasionaly used by disguised prototypes on test from MIRA, so maybe it is some kind of automtive indsutry testing.
Strange Convoy - DrS
Nahhhh! It's cloaked!

Now you're just being silly.

The Klingons never had a cloaking device.
Strange Convoy - Sprice
The Klingons never had a cloaking device.

Tut tut, they did you know along with the Romulans! It was the Federation who were bound by a treaty not to have one... (Anorak off).
Strange Convoy - Pugugly {P}
I thought that this was a motoring site, two threads of late discussing aliens....meanwhile on planet earth.
Strange Convoy - bell boy
chauffeurs on Defensive Driving Courses?
Strange Convoy - eProf
Most drivers seem to be on another planet so it could be relevant!
--
e Prôf - Another Recycled Teenager
Strange Convoy - Dwight Van Driver
zm

deafsms@derbyshire.pnn.police.uk

has the answer?

dvd
Strange Convoy - Pugugly {P}
eh ?
Strange Convoy - George Porge
Tyre testing would be my guess, all cars drive to a set point, swap tyres front to rear and vice versa and complete the return journey. I nearly did this once, the vehicles being 3 Astravans, the route Stoke to Carlisle and back at night, I turned it down.
Strange Convoy - dxp55
Isn't it nice to know we are all as mad as each other :-))
Strange Convoy - Sofa Spud
Baffling, I agree! My guess, like one above, is that the cars are involved in some sort of testing - if not tyres, maybe fuel or satnav calibration or some new component for large cars that is being tried out on Mercedes and Jaguars. Or maybe it's a comparative test - where identical cars on the same route are fitted with, for instance, tyres, from various manufacturers for evaluation.
Strange Convoy - Mapmaker
I'm sure I remember my father telling me that they used to test brake materials in that part of the world. Ferrodo, was it?