Shouldn't it be harder to buy blank service books? - Chris White
Hi

The service book for my Primera only has one stamp left in it. I know it's 10-yrs old and I don't get it serviced at the main dealer, but I bought it with full service history (stamped book plus bills and old MoTs) so I think it'd be nice to keep it up.

Rang Nissan main dealer and they sold me a blank service book for £10.58, no questions asked.

Now, if I was an unscrupulous person I could get myself a rubber stamp made up and stamp my own 'full service history'.

Shouldn't there be a few more checks in place. I don't know, like seeing the V5 and driving license to verify name and address and vehicle ownership?

Chris
Shouldn't it be harder to buy blank service books? - GregSwain
Shows just how much a service book is worth without invoices to back it up. Luckily you've got all the bills, so your FSH is instantly validated.
Shouldn't it be harder to buy blank service books? - martint123
You could say the same about selling new pedal rubbers.
Shouldn't it be harder to buy blank service books? - Chris White
Maybe the dealer should be asking questions if someone orders a blank service book, pedal rubbers, a steering wheel and a drivers seat? ;-)

Chris
Shouldn't it be harder to buy blank service books? - pinkpanther_75
perhaps more worrying than the main dealer selling them is the 154 blank service books currently listed for sale on Ebay.
Shouldn't it be harder to buy blank service books? - GregSwain
perhaps more worrying than the main dealer selling them is the 154 blank service books
currently listed for sale on Ebay.

Why more worrying?? - is just as easy to pop into the local main dealer and ask for one as it is to bid for one on eBay! What's worrying is that there have been eBay listings for genuine (nicked) main-dealer stamps with the manufacturer's logo etc on. The stamped book is absolutely worthless without either receipts or a computer printout from the servicing main dealer. It's purely a reference so the owner knows when their next service is due.
Shouldn't it be harder to buy blank service books? - Mapmaker
There's nothing you can't do with photoshop.
Shouldn't it be harder to buy blank service books? - Sim-O

There is if I'm using it...
----------------------------------------------
Aim low, expect nothing & dont be disappointed
Shouldn't it be harder to buy blank service books? - Cliff Pope

It won't put a metal strip inside a banknote.
Shouldn't it be harder to buy blank service books? - Mapmaker
It can't milk a herd of cows either but I don't think it's fair to hold that against it!
Shouldn't it be harder to buy blank service books? - pendulum
It won't like printing a banknote either - www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~sjm217/projects/currency/
Shouldn't it be harder to buy blank service books? - mrmender
Check what your buying, A few years ago i bought a VW Passat without a service history book, I did all my homework sure enough the local dealer had a full computerised history of the car all correct. I asked for a service history book stamped up this they did, Charged me 12 quid but the book was not the usual service book it clearly stated all over it that it was a duplicate VW service history book
Shouldn't it be harder to buy blank service books? - Galaxy
What like these which are at present being offered on Ebay!!!

Ebay Item No. 120155342237

I recon this bloke must work at Fords to be able to get so many, or perhaps the printers!