HPI checks/ scrapped - colinc57
Purchased a car at auction ( some £250 buyers premium !)

just done a HPI check via RAC and showing car was scrapped last year .( DVLA scrapped marker on condition alert register recorded against Vin & VRM)

Auction says their check (experian) was OK

DVLA would not give more info but said not usual to issue me a new V5 ( which they have) if car was scrapped

RAC/ HPI just have a answerphone !

any thoughts

HPI checks/ scrapped - scrapmetal
If you 've got a v5 for it i wouldn't worry.
HPI checks/ scrapped - Altea Ego
If you 've got a v5 for it i wouldn't worry.

I would, why was it "scrapped"?

Vehicle type? year? How much did it cost you?
------------------------------
< Ex RF, Ex TVM >
finally managed to speak to HPI.. they are checking records/ referring back to DVLA

£6000 car
2000 jeep grand cherokee
Yes, in fairness auction house were very good, and said if proved I'll get money back, albeit they had the experian car check.

HPI now admit it was a mistake , and have amended file, so all good. Not good though if I had not doen this check it would have been incorrect, and any future sale might have been at risk

Can I mention the HPi special price?

HPI checks/ scrapped - rtj70
I think HPI price is now only £5 per check or 3 for £12. Via RAC anyway who have the same parent company, aka finance company.

Next time I bet you get HPI and Experian yourself just in case!
HPI checks/ scrapped - local yokel
Hope HPI refunded you the cost!
Yes I only paid £5.

Did I did ask for a refund .. awaitinf reply

thanks
HPI checks/ scrapped - Aprilia
Over the years I've found HPI to be in error from time to time. Sometimes they can be very slow to update records. For accident damage I would tend to make use of visual inspection. There are a great number of cars that have had heavy damage and are not on HPI.