New tyres required opinions please - dxp55
Two new front tyres are required on SWMBO Yaris - at moment 195/50/15 Toyo Proxi's are on and they have been very good tyres - I have done a search and have come up with a list and all are priced around £55-£65 each -budget tyres are not considered
Toyo Proxi's
Avon ZV3
Goodyear GT2
Continental Eco Contact or Premium Contact
Michelin Pilot Elacto 2

All these tyres fall in same price bracket give or take £15 the pair - before I go out and get some more Toyo's has anyone any views on those I have listed or any I haven't listed - tyre noise is not an issue as the Yaris is about the noisiest car I have ever been in but wear and wet grip is important

Thanks Dave
New tyres required opinions please - Nsar
I'd stick with what you know works if the ££££ difference is so little.
New tyres required opinions please - daveyjp
Same here - if they do the job and you are happy why change? Vredesteins Sportracs are £35 each on mytyres and they get good reviews.
I was going for home fit as we live out a bit but rang a tyre dealer who quoted £10 less per tyre for Toyos so trip to dealer will be worth the run -the internet price's look good until you add on fitting price especially when one quoted £14 a tyre-- thanks for replies

Dave
New tyres required opinions please - cheddar
Falken tyres, a premium brand tyre made in Japan, not well known here (though a top brand in much of Europe), very good value.

www.falkentyres.co.uk/default.asp?cookiecheck=yes&

195/50/15 82V ZE512 £31.55 inc vat online, two tyres £10 delivery, about £12 each to be fitted netts at £48.55.

However I asked my local tyre centre for a price for Falkens, it was a very good deal (205/50/17 FK452s on mine), they ordered them in.
New tyres required opinions please - DP
I had a pair of ZE512's on the front of the Mondeo (195/60/15) which lasted 20,000 miles. They were a perfectly good tyre and nice and quiet, although I didn't wet grip was that impressive compared to the tyres they replaced (Michelin Energy), or the ones that replaced them (Goodyear NCT5)

But I only paid £38 each for them fitted!

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
New tyres required opinions please - cheddar
I have FK452s, they are well rated and I reckon grip and feel is better than Bridgestone RE040s and Conti Sport Contacts that went before them though they perhaps are not wearing quite as well as the latter. They are not availabe in the OPs size however.
New tyres required opinions please - Mapmaker
>I reckon grip and feel is better though they perhaps are not wearing quite as well

Surprise surprise. You cannot have grip and wearability, can you?
New tyres required opinions please - Ruperts Trooper
Looking at the delivered only prices on mytyres.com, you should be able to get any topline tyre fitted etc for under £50 in that size.

I don't understand why you're considering the budget Goodyear GT2 when their topline Eagle F1 and Excellence are well within your budget.
RT

I have had F1's on my car at one point and was not that impressed -in fact even the NTC's I had before left me unimpressed -may be it is the cars I drive. -I got around 10k miles out of them where on Yaris when I checked service book these Toyo's are near 18k - if it wasn't for a slight tracking fault they wouldn't need replacing for another few thousand mile's - the Toyo's replaced Dunlops and road feel and grip is much better - I have found some Toyo Proxi T1R's for £45 fitted - so will stick to the devil I know.
thanks again for input

Dave
New tyres required opinions please - MichaelR
I have had F1's on my car at one point and was not that impressed
-in fact even the NTC's I had before left me unimpressed -may be it is
the cars I drive. -I got around 10k miles out of them where on Yaris
when I checked service book these Toyo's are near 18k -

You were not impressed becuase you were not judging them correctly. The Goodyear Eagle F1 is an ultra high performance tyre - as a result, it will not wear anything like as well as lesser tyres but will offer exceptional grip, particularly so in wet conditions.

I only ever use Eagle F1's on my cars and have had no complaints at all - fantastic tyres.

Even if my last set did just cost me £530!
New tyres required opinions please - MichaelR
I agree with Ruperts, GT2 is a poor entry level tyre. How about Goodyear Hydragrip for the excellent wet performance?
New tyres required opinions please - Vansboy
Assuming it's the 'old' tread pattern & Toyo are on therear, you'll be able to match up for just £39.99 each - less another 5% for ordering on line, less another £5or so, if you print off the discount voucher, on the site!!

We've just put a set on Mrs V's Mx5, to replace the Bridgestones, which had lasted 33k, still nearly 4mm left, but for £130 a set, it was worth changing the lot!

www.justtyres.co.uk & a really friendly team, in the Luton branch, too!

VB
New tyres required opinions please - reevsie
Kleber Dynaxers are very good especially in the wet, which is just as well given the foul weather this summer. Both my cars have them (all round) and have every confidence in them.