What V12 cars are available. - paul2007
Hello again, I'm interested in buying a V12 - what cars are readily available in the V12 guise, is Aston Martin one and possibly the 7 series BMW, Bentley, RR and are there any more?.
I've searched Google but unable to come up with a list of new V12's. I will be buying for dad and his money. (max budget 50k.
Thanks

Subject line changed.. PU
What V12 cars are available. - Lud
Surely Ferrari still make one among their bewildering mass of models? Might cost a bit over budget though.

Get one with the engine at the front.
What V12 cars are available. - Kuang
It's probably just possible to squeeze into an early 550 for 50k, but the running/pampering costs will be horrendous. All the fives (575, 599) were V12s, but the latter ones require the mortgage of at least one leg and an internal organ of your choice. The Scagliatti had a V12 as well iirc.
What V12 cars are available. - pendulum
Hi

There is a list here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V12_engine

List of Post-1945 V-12 Production Road Cars (Alphabetical by make, sub-sorted by year of introduction):

Aston Martin DB7 Vantage
Aston Martin Vanquish
Aston Martin DB AR1
Aston Martin DB9
Aston Martin DBS
B Engineering Edonis
BMW 750i/750iL/760i/760Li
BMW 850i/Ci/CSi
Bugatti EB110

Most of the cars in the list are older cars and the list is not exhaustive, but it may help.
What V12 cars are available. - pendulum
I did include a comment at the end of that list saying that I'd cut the list short to avoid cluttering the forum and the link contains the full list. I enclosed the comment in < >'s so that maybe why it didn't show?
What V12 cars are available. - paul2007
Thank you. I have enough help and will search as suggested.
What V12 cars are available. - stunorthants26
Jaguar do V12's don't they?
What V12 cars are available. - Pugugly {P}
Jaguar did make (lovely) V12s i t'good old days.
What V12 cars are available. - henry k
Jaguar did make (lovely) V12s i t'good old days.

>>Oh yes!
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=46...9
What V12 cars are available. - rtj70
Am I missing a reason here? Why definately a V12 when for example lots of nice V8s. Why is a V12 a must. What about a W16?
What V12 cars are available. - Pete M
Well, as the owner of a Jaguar XJ12 variant, I would say that there is a something a bit special about a V12. In my experience; the massive torque, silky turbine-like smoothness, and rather nice exhaust note put it apart from a V8.

My Jaguar Vanden Plas H.E. is a sort of Q-ship. It looks just like an XJ6 and does not have a V12 badge anywhere. The only clue is the H.E. badge and the tacho 6500 rpm redline. For the same reason, I haven't put a V12 related personalised registration plate on it, although one is still available (in NZ).

W16 sounds interesting, but they are even more rare than V12s.

What V12 cars are available. - billy25
An "aquaintance" has just bought a Jaguar Soveriegn V12 for £500, Burgandy exterior, with the chrome edging around the door-tops and glassed area's, full cream leather leather interior, everthing electric, working and blemish free, obviously this car has led a "charmed" life. Not quite sure of its vintage, but still a better £500 quid spent than 3yr old Punto type machine.
The only problem is when he pulls up at a pump and puts 45liters in the left tank and 30 in the right one!

Still has 25k's worth luxury each and every time he uses it though,

What V12 cars are available. - mike hannon
If anyone is genuinely interested in buying a Jaguar XJ12 I can put them in touch with the owner of a very tidy late Series 3 (1990) with a genuine 70k and history for not much money. Belongs to a friend of a friend and I was going to buy it but the logistics of having it here in France became difficult. My email is on the profile.
What V12 cars are available. - cheddar
Affordable V12's must include the '92 on 600SL / SL600, the 600SEL / S600L and the CL600, the early V12 SL, '92/'93 600SL, as opposed to the facelift SL600, was more powerful, 408bhp, I drove one in '92, it was around £105k at the time, great car.

Otherwise a 90's 850i or 750i, the former is becoming a bit of a classic so could be an investment, the latter is cheap for what it is though a simple failure could write it off.

Ferrari 456, beautiful car, costly to run.

Of newer cars for £50k a 750i or 750iL or an S-Class I guess.
What V12 cars are available. - flunky
An "aquaintance" has just bought a Jaguar Soveriegn V12 for £500 Burgandy exterior with the
chrome edging around the door-tops and glassed area's full cream leather leather interior everthing electric
working and blemish free obviously this car has led a "charmed" life.

Indeed, obviously very limited demand for 20-year-old luxury gas guzzlers.

See e.g. cgi.ebay.co.uk/1986-JAGUAR-SOVEREIGN-V12-AUTO-BLUE...m
only up to £205
What V12 cars are available. - henry k
Indeed obviously very limited demand for 20-year-old luxury gas guzzlers.

>>Re Ebay Jag - 12 previous owners. A short interest span?
What V12 cars are available. - DP
The Ferrari 550 is supposed to be one of the few Ferraris that will run happily to high mileage, but servicing at £2k-£4k a pop is going to be eye watering.

--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
What V12 cars are available. - Ed V
Does the VW Phaeton not have a V12 variant? A Bentley with a VW badge - top value 2 years old.
What V12 cars are available. - rtj70
There indeed a W12 Phaeton - two V6's basically in a smaller package due to the cylinder layout.
What V12 cars are available. - flunky
Does the VW Phaeton not have a V12 variant? A Bentley with a VW badge
- top value 2 years old.

Unfortunately the values have risen quite a bit, they were more of a bargain not so long ago.

For a W12, only two on autotrader

Volkswagen Phaeton 6.0 W12 4 Motion
4 Doors, Automatic, Saloon, Petrol, 33,787 miles, Silver Arrow, 18 inch Innovative Alloy wheels,5 speed automatic gearbox,Air conditioning,Alarm,Anti-lock brakes,CD Autochanger,Central locking,Climate control,Cruise control,Front/rear electric windows,Headlamp wash,Heated front/rear seats,Leather interior,on-board computer,Parking sensors,Power steering,Radio,Tiptronic gearbox,Twin/side airbags,Two Previous Registered Keepers 4WD. Communications package, dusk sensor, automatic driving lights and Alpine DVD system. £27,999.

Two owners in 3 years is somewhat alarming.
>>Re Ebay Jag - 12 previous owners. A short interest span? <

At least they can all look back and know they once owned something a bit special.
What V12 cars are available. - Chris White
How about a Jaguar XJS V12,

tinyurl.com/2qe55z

£950 with 9 previous owners...........

Chris
I guess you'll be looking for a V12 plate as well, then paul2007?
What V12 cars are available. - blue_haddock
I know where there is a Golf Mk2 GTi for sale that has a VR6 engine in the front and also one in the back.
What V12 cars are available. - Imagos
Why on earth would you want to buy a V12?

This is Jurrasic era technology surely?

Zero MPG and power to weight ratios/cc bhp per litre to make you weep?

Engines have moved on, it's the 21 century.. get a TDI........
What V12 cars are available. - Pete M
Some people want their cars to have more significance than a mere appliance for getting from A to B. Most of the V12s mentioned will provide luxury motoring for many years. They will give pleasure and reward long after all the TDIs have gone to the scrap heap. Some modern cars are being constructed for a five year life span, but these Jurassic era vehicles are still giving their owners pleasure after twenty or thirty years.
Jaguar's greatest challenge after the Series III XJ cars was improving on them and it took a few years to do that.
What V12 cars are available. - Mapmaker
>Most of the V12s mentioned will provide luxury motoring for many years. >They will give pleasure and reward long after all the TDIs have gone to the >scrap heap.

This suggests that a V12 Mondeo will outlast a TDI Mondeo... ;)
What V12 cars are available. - cheddar
A V12 TDCi now there is an idea, 6.6 litre, 465bhp, 1200nm torque, now that is nearly 900lb/ft ............................
What V12 cars are available. - OldHand
The weight penalty of the engine and 4wd (needed I think) would destroy the handling of whatever car it went into. An SUV with 4wd and the V12 twin turbocharged and intercooled diesel however...............