Where to find auction guide prices - Quinner
I just wondering if I could pick some HJ heads , where is the best place to obtain guide prices for cars at auction . I am looking at a BMW 530d M-Sport Saloon 2006-55 with 30000 miles on it just wanted to know what kind of upper limit I should have?

Many thanks for any help.
Where to find auction guide prices - normd2
the Scottish Motor Auction Group www.smag.co.uk website lists past prices, just search for the car you want and it'll tell you what it sold for.
Cheers your a star.
Where to find auction guide prices - pd
The auction price guide bible is CAP (Glasses is more general trade) and is what the seller and auctioneer will be looking at when it comes through.

Unfortunately CAP prices are only available to subscribers or the auction houses will hand out catalogues with the prices attached to trade account holders.

However, if you look at trade-in values on places like www.theaa.com and knock about 8--10% off you'll be in the right area for CAP auction price.
n.b. The car you refer to has an auction guide price of £22450 in good condition. Remember though that on any BMW colour and options can widely alter the price it bids to.
n.b. n.b. Don't forget to add 4-5% on for buyers premium too!
yeah thanks guys, thats brilliant bang on what I needed you guys our a wealth of knowledge, yeah off to do my research re options etc. In general do is there no way of finding out the situation unless you talk softly to the auctioneer on the day re a handouts etc..