C4 Picasso LHD import & bi-xenons - franglais
I'm ordering a C4 Picasso from Belgium (LHD) and the main issue is one of headlights. I was going to get the standard ones and replace with RHDs. However, I've since read various things about how xenons are often LHD/RHD switchable (Citroen UK say not, but I don't trust them as far as I could throw them!), abd also how the beams tend to be flat anyway, so RHD/LHD isn't an issue. I'm tending towards HIDs after seeing their supposed benefits, with memories of driving through dark country roads, and my eyesight naturally decaying with age! So if anyone can shed any light (har! har!) I'd appreciate it.

My other question concerns the issue fo registration in the UK. The form has a small box for selecting RHD/LHD. As a purely academic exercise, what would happen if I ticked the RHD box? From what I can see, the VIN doesn't specify handedness (the model bit probably tells Citroen, but I'm not sure it would mean much to DVLA).

M Franglais

{Car details added to subject header - DD}
LHD import & bi-xenons - Collos25
On Renault lagunas the rhd and lhd xenon headlights are the same and I think they were the same on the C5.
LHD import & bi-xenons - franglais
Unfortunately the Citroen parts list gives different numbers for each, but I wondered of this was a marketing ploy! If it's possible on some, why not all?
LHD import & bi-xenons - Bill Payer
I'm aware that some cars have switchable Xenons, but are they truly ambidextrous, or does the switch (which I gather is a mechanical thing) just blank out the glare to the wrong side?

I know that Xenons (factory fit) are self leveling, but wouldn?t the basic set up in the UK be longer dipped beam on the left, and the other way round for driving on the right? Does the switch make these changes too, or are Xenons set up the same for both nearside and offside headlights?