Honda i-ctdi recall - modified EGR valve - Manatee
I was at the dealers yesterday having a key coded (separate topic!) and the service manager asked if I had had a letter from Honda UK about having the EGR changed - specific VIN codes are being recalled to be fitted with a modified valve. As it happened, I haven't had the letter, but the SM off his own bat phoned me shortly after I left to say that my car was in the affected range and I should book in to have it fitted gratis, with a loan car provided.

The modified valve is said to address a 'hesitation' problem.

Hondas apparently are not immune to problems; but full credit for not just waiting for the customers to do the QC, and to the dealer for actively checking and calling me.
Honda i-ctdi recall - modified EGR valve - BobbyG
When I was thinking of buying a CRV, I did a lot of research and this issue was coming up time and time again (same as it does for Renaults and, I think, Fords)
However it is good that Honda are at least admitting the problem and dealing with it.
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
Honda i-ctdi recall - modified EGR valve - jc2
And even more reports on Peugeot & Vauxhall.
Honda i-ctdi recall - modified EGR valve - Ian B2412

I was at the dealers yesterday having a key coded (separate topic!) and the service manager asked if I had had a letter from Honda UK about having the EGR changed - specific VIN codes are being recalled to be fitted with a modified valve. As it happened, I haven't had the letter, but the SM off his own bat phoned me shortly after I left to say that my car was in the affected range and I should book in to have it fitted gratis, with a loan car provided. The modified valve is said to address a 'hesitation' problem. Hondas apparently are not immune to problems; but full credit for not just waiting for the customers to do the QC, and to the dealer for actively checking and calling me.

I have a 2006 HONDA Civic 2.2 iCDTI SPT and have EGR valve problems. Is there a way I can find out if it should have been recalled for this problem?