Honda Accord 2.4 Executive - Seat query - chukter
I am considering buying an Accord 2.4 Executive saloon (approx 2004/5) , but would like to know if the rear seat can be folded down to extend the boot area. I know there is the estate version, but personally I don`t like the shape at all, so it has to be the saloon or nothing.
Thanks for any feedback.
Honda Accord 2.4 Executive - Seat query - ablandy
Yes, it can. Certainly on the ones i looked at before i bought the estate. Problem is the gap left is a bit of an odd shape. Doesn't make good use of it I'm afraid. Cant describe it, but have a look.

You could look at the type-s estate - in my opinion it balances the car visually. I really didn't like the look of the estate, but ended up buying it and like it.
Honda Accord 2.4 Executive - Seat query - ablandy
i think i can point you to this, but not clickable, tinyurl.com/2f7o3j

its a link to whatcar with piccys of the boot. The upside down trapezium in the boot is the gap.

Hope that is what you need!
Honda Accord 2.4 Executive - Seat query - catsdad
Be aware its quite a small opening. Its about 22" at the bottom and 30" at the top so its of limited load carrying use. It splits 2/3 and 1/3 but in the latter position its not much more than a ski hatch.
Thanks for the replies and What Car link, - does the rear seat back fold down flat to extend level with the floor of the boot or is it angled upwards.???
Honda Accord 2.4 Executive - Seat query - catsdad
Its flattish - the seat base doesn't move so the seat back is slightly angled when folded down and there is a low ridge across the threshold to the boot. There isn't one continuous flat surface. Its a great car with a decent boot but its no way a "rear seat load lugger" and if you need serious capacity you'd be better off with an estate of a rival hatchback

>>>> you'd be better off with an estate of a rival hatchback>>>>>

Thanks for your helpful replies, whilst I hold Honda engineering integrity in high regard, I have decided to go for a BMW E46 325i manual Touring, only problem being that sub 30k mileage vehicles are now extremely scarce.