Child Leaning Out of Window! - Muggy
I saw this on one of the e-Bay discussion boards; words fail me! For obvious reasons I haven't linked directly to the thread in question but if anyone wishes to read it and the subsequent posts, it is on the "Family Home and Garden" board.

If any of the police officers who use HJ would like to post advice to help the OP on e-Bay get this idiot sorted out legally before anything happens to the child, but are not registered on e-Bay, I am happy to copy and paste if asked to do so. Certainly the behavious described is the most unbelievable I have seen described for a long time.

Morning all,

For the past few weeks I have seen a mother driving her daughter to school with the daughter aged about 5 totally leaning out of the car window with no seat belt on, she never has had one on and i have been trying to stop her for weeks, even my 7yr old covers her eyes when she sees her.

Well this morning her daughter was sitting yes sitting on the window plastic with one hand on the roof rail!! I was gobsmacked. She was driving so close over the line in the middle of the road, the little girl then leaned backwards with one hand and a car coming the other way swerved and ended up going up the curb scared she was going to hit the little girl.

I thought enough is enough so I followed her to the end of the road and when we got to the junction I quickly got out the car and tapped on her window.. I said what had just happened and that it almost caused an accident and she opened the door onto me hitting me with it and told me basically it was none of my business and that I should ( expletive deleted ) and that the other car should watch where they were going. she then slammed her door and sped off with the daughter still hanging out the window.

I went to the other car and it was a heavily pregnant lady who was crying her eyes out. It took a while to console her. I have phoned the school the little girl goes to and have left a message for the headmaster to phone me back. I will try and get her registration when she next zooms up the road, do you think the police would do anything about it? I have to do something, if anything were to happen to the little girl I would not be able to forgive myself for doing nothing.

What can I do?

I am very angry with the mum and upset and totally shocked to be honest.
Child Leaning Out of Window! - Pugugly {P}
If any of the Police Officers who call in could advice would be grateful. E-mail the mods group address and we'll pass the information onto the OP. Don't want this thread degenerating (one post has been deleted) so it's locked pending contact from one of the BiB.

My suggestion - for what its worth would be Crimestoppers.
Child Leaning Out of Window! - Pugugly {P}
Bump