Nissan Note /Renault Modus - shula
I am going to buy one or the other diesal,does anybody have any recommendations regarding which of the two is the best re reliability,features and trim.
Thanks in advance
Shula
Nissan Note /Renault Modus - Brian Tryzers
Yippee, another chance to discuss Renault Reliability!

Don't see many Moduses about, which probably means people prefer the Note. But neither will pull a horsebox, and you'll have to keep the keys where Alistair can't lose them in a poker game.
};---)
Nissan Note /Renault Modus - Altea Ego
You dont see many notes about either. The note has a slightly bigger feel and is less ugly than the Modus.

However I havent seen a huge groundswell of people moaning about either, but that could be due to low sales numbers.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Nissan Note /Renault Modus - Brian Tryzers
Maybe my high Note count has something to do with the Nissan dealer two streets away!
Nissan Note /Renault Modus - Jase
My Mum has the petrol 1.6 SVE and is pleased. Seems very spacious and SVE is well equipped and IMHO looks good in the bright blue with the dark glass. Can't comment on diesel vs petrol but if you can stretch to SVE spec that would be good.

I see quite a few Notes about and very few Modii (sp?).

Good luck

Nissan Note /Renault Modus - Xileno {P}
Both share the same jointly developed diesel engine.

Modus is doing some good work at turning Renault's patchy record around. First of the 'Ghosn' Renaults after some considerable backside kicking within the company. Clio is the second model, Sept 07 Laguna the third.

....." the Modus has at last broken the spell on Renault's poor reliability, with a performance in its first two years that even some Far-Eastern carmakers might envy." (Which? 2006/07)

Very comforatble ride, similar to the old Renault 4. But without the roll :-)
Nissan Note /Renault Modus - 1066
i looked at the modus and bought the note 1.6 auto sve. of course it's a matter of taste but the nissan looks better and feels a good amount roomier
Nissan Note /Renault Modus - shula
Thank you all for your help Nissan it is.
Shula
Nissan Note /Renault Modus - jase1
" the Modus has at last broken the spell on Renault's poor reliability with a
performance in its first two years that even some Far-Eastern carmakers might envy."

Somewhat ironically, this comment was probably directed at Nissan. Ironic because one of the reasons the Modus will be doing so well is that fundamentally it's more a Nissan design than a Renault one. But, I do see that the Clio/Modus seems to be turning Renault's record around, and that can only be a good thing. If they can get back to the idea of producing a car with Japanese engineering and French design they'll be unstoppable.
Nissan Note /Renault Modus - SpamCan61 {P}
On my A31/M27/M3 daily commute I'd say Notes outnumber Modus(Modii?) about 4:1, they seem to becoming more common.