Subaru blue - cheddar
Further to BBD's comments in another thread, yes blue Imprezzas with gold wheels looked OK in 1996 though IMO the colour doesnt do anything for the car now days.

Mondeo STs look OK in their slightly less lairy though similar blue however, as with Imprezzas, they look much better in silver or a metallic dark grey.

MG ZTs were tastfully sporty in silver or grey, OK in red or BRG though simply OTT in a similar metallic blue.

I saw a new Octavia VRS the other day that looked all-dressed-up-with-no-one-to-race in its shiny Subaru blue though would have looked sublty sporty in a more restrained colour.

Various Clios, 206/7s and small Toyotas are similarly afflicted.

I dont think I would avoid a second hand car just because of it being Subaru blue though to me the colour just does not appeal.

Any thoughts?
Subaru blue - Round The Bend
OK, if not blue then what colour suits it? A mate of mine got an Imprezza in a grey/silver. So many people (self included) asked him if he had been unable to get one in blue that he got rid of it.

Its a bit like Ferrari red - some colours are synonymous with certain cars.
Subaru blue - Aprilia
Too many silver/grey cars around. Impreza's look awful in silver or grey - they are the ones the dealers struggle to shift. The WR Blue is a bit passe now - so many about; dark green or garnet red (a bit like the old Rover nightfire red) look nice IMHO.
Subaru blue - cheddar
IMO the latest Imprezzas look best in silver.
Subaru blue - Altea Ego
Subaru? Silver? nooo the latest one is a pig ugly beast anyway, and silver does it no favours at all. Its needs darker colours. The imprezza blue is still a nice colour, its the gold alloys that does for it.

Black. It looks fab in black. Black is the new stylish colour for cars. Deep lustrous sparkling metalic black is really classy.

Did I say I had ordered a black car?
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Subaru blue - madf
". Deep lustrous sparkling metalic black is really classy."

When new.
After 12 months, it's a PIG to get really clean and shiny.... and the slightest scratch...
Yes I had a 320i in black metallic with cross spoke alloys... boootiful when cleaned properly - which took hours.

Hopelessly impractical unles you are another of those retentive people whose aim in life is to clean cars:-))

madf
Subaru blue - Altea Ego
I have an army of poles at a fiver a fortnight.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Subaru blue - cheddar

That figures, a black Altea as a pimps car, chrome spinners eh?

;-)
Subaru blue - Altea Ego
Oh yes - off to e-bay!
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Subaru blue - Martin Devon

Why did you put their money up??

vbr..........MD
Subaru blue - autumnboy
Whatever colour the Scoobies are the colour of the wheels from the OEM shows what model they are. IE- Gold is for an STI version. Grey is another model and the dark grey is another.

Subaru blue - daveyjp
I saw my first Aygo Blue today which is a slightly darker blue than the Scooby, but I thought it looked the business. It would be the metallic I would go for in the very limited Aygo range of colours.
Subaru blue - Aprilia
Whatever colour the Scoobies are the colour of the wheels from the OEM shows what
model they are. IE- Gold is for an STI version. Grey is another model and
the dark grey is another.

Current spec is gold on STi 5x114.3mm PCD; silver on other models, 5x100mm PCD
Subaru blue - nick
Current spec is gold on STi 5x114.3mm PCD; silver on other models 5x100mm PCD

Except the Spec D, the 'discreet' STi, which has grey (or is it silver) wheels.
Subaru blue - oldtoffee
Last run of the current shape is the GB270 which will be 400 of the 4 dr and 100 of the 5 door Subaru Blue for the 4 door and Grey for the wagon. I reckon Subaru know what their market expects/wants.