Problems with immobiliser on Pug 306 - ToraBora
My partner's just bought an L reg diesel 306 and he's having problems with the immobilizer. It worked fine for the first day but on trying to start this morning, it's just dead. It doesn't have a key-fob, just a normal key, so shouldn't that disable the immobilizer once put in the ignition? Do you have any suggestions? We tried disconnecting and then re-connecting the battery, but that's just caused the internal sensor light in the middle dash to flash.. Do you have any suggestions? Any help would be gratefully received!!
Problems with immobiliser on PUG 306 - RichardW
L reg? as in 1993? I don't think it will have a key transponder - if anything it would have a key pad immobiliser. What's wrong with it? If this is the first cold start since buying and it won't start, then it probably needs new glowplugs....
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Problems with immobiliser on PUG 306 - Dynamic Dave
L reg? as in 1993? I don't think it will have a key transponder -

Correct. Wasn't introduced until March 1997 according to the link below.
if anything it would have a key pad immobiliser.

Not according to the link below. Was only fitted between June 1995 and March 1997.

www.thatcham.org/security/pdfs/categories/Passenge...f

Has it had an aftermarket immobiliser fitted?
Problems with immobiliser on PUG 306 - ToraBora
I don't think it's an aftermarket immobiliser, I remember I had all sorts of problems with the immobiliser on my old car which was a L reg PUG, so it's dejavu! It's not even turning over which makes me think it's the immobiliser, it's just totally dead although the lights and electrics work ok. It's apparently just had a service and the guy that sold it said that to initiate the immobiliser, you need to press the black button on the RHS of the steering column, but on my current R reg PUG, this button's for the internal sensors so I'm totally confused!
It's not even turning over which makes me think it's the immobiliser ...

Or maybe its the starter motor. Have you tried bump starting it?
Problems with immobiliser on PUG 306 - thomp1983
not turning over isn't an immobiliser problem, peugeot immobilisers just cut the fuel suply not stop it turning over. as has been suggested id check the starter motor, check it has power to it, if it has try tapping it with a hammer.

the switch on the column can be used to switch the alarm off when it is going of once the ignition has been turned on.

chris
Thanks for your replies guys, will try jump starting it, failing that, will release my frustration on the starter motor.. :)
will try jump starting it ...

If it is the starter motor, then jump starting won't be any good. Unless that was a typo, and you meant bump starting it?
We managed to get it started on Sunday by disconnecting the battery (which stopped the central fascia light from flashing), disconnecting the electrics behind the back seat, putting the ignition to the second position and then holding the button for 10 secs and then started it. It worked fine up until yesterday and now it's doing exactly the same thing. We even tried getting a new battery but this hasn't made any difference! :(
Problems with immobiliser on PUG 306 - MerlinTec
Hi
Defiantly sounding like immobiliser now, what I would do is disconnect the battery then turn the ignition on and with it still on reconnect the battery. I have done this on Citroens and Peugeots with your problem where the battery has gone flat and put the immobiliser on. It should fix your fault.
Regards,
Merlin
The saga continues!! We booked it into the Peugeot Garage on Friday to get the immobiliser disabled.. We'd managed to get the car started by jump starting it from mine, then doing the button and ignition trick, so took it to the garage who didn't do the work we'd asked for but told us it was the Solenoid Pump that was the problem and not the immobiliser but they didnt have time to fix either. The car was OK until last night, but we managed to get it starting again by connecting the jump leads to my running car. Does it sound right that it's a solenoid problem? I don't know anything about this, but am very skeptical about believing anything I'm told by a main dealer as been ripped off so many times. Cheers, T