Volvo V70 - jw edinburgh
I am thinking of buying a Volvo V70 and have a number of questions.

1)I have been offered a choice of 2 by a local dealer, both V702.4DSE, 163bhp, both registered early 04 on a '53' plate. Both are fitted with Geartronic gearboxes.
One has done 22000 miles and is offered at £16225 and the other 45000 miles and is offered at £15475.

Are these reasonable value as they appear in good condition and drive well?

2) The police use a lot of V70s. Are they worth buying, and where are they sold?

3) Is there a good webiste to get realistic values for used Volvos?

4)Can anyone recommend good dealers for used Volvos.

Hope someone out there can give me some advice.

Duplicate post deleted - PU

Volvo V70 - Brian Tryzers
Thoughts in no particular order, some of them based on 4.5 years with an S60 D5, which is a close relative of the V70:

* 22,000 miles in 3.5 years makes me wonder if it's spent its life trundling from gravel drive to prep school gate and back. Has it had annual services to make up for lack of miles?

* Not sure when the D5 became the 182hp version and the 163 was badged 2.4D. There are Euro III and Euro IV versions too, so be sure of which one you're being offered.

* Make sure you like the Geartronic box. I had one in a courtesy car for a day and hated it - it turns the D5's sharp responses to mush and adds hugely to fuel consumption and CO2 output. My manual S60 gives 42mpg; I doubt you'd get that from a Geartronic. Cringeworthy name too!

* Are these Volvo Approved used cars? The prices suggest they should be!

* The V70 looks big but has no more rear legroom than my S60, especially for children on boosters (unless you can find one with the brilliant built-in boosters - in which case, let me know!) Will this be enough for your purposes?

* It's a great car for long journeys - once you've experienced Swedish seats, nothing less will do. The HU-803 audio unit is excellent too, if you don't wear polarizing sunglasses!

I've posted other thoughts elsewhere, which you'll find with a Forum Search.
Volvo V70 - barchettaman
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=44913

Read sjB´s comments on his.
Volvo V70 - pd
As barchettaman has pointed out if you do a search it has been much discussed.

The 185bhp D5 came out for the 2006 model year in late 2005, the original D5 continued badges as the 2.4D. I'd agree that the manual is much nicer than the auto on a D5 so recommend you at least try a manual.

They are very good cars. You may as well go for an SE for the price difference. They often need a few suspension bits along the way (bushes etc.) but are generally reliable and take big mileages.

The D5 can be chipped (see www.volvotuning.co.uk) but to be honest the standard tune is quite adequate. The main advantage of the 185bhp D5 is that it somes with a 6-speed box.

Price wise just look around at what is being asked.
Volvo V70 - Brian Tryzers
>The main advantage of the 185bhp D5 is that it somes with a 6-speed box.

Curious about this. Is the sixth higher than the original fifth, which in mine works out at about 32mph per 1000rpm? If not, I don't see the point, since there's always torque to pull in third or fourth; so much in third, in fact, that I tend to miss out fourth when I'm accelerating. It's an engine that would have managed OK in the days of four-speed boxes!
Volvo V70 - tyro
Price wise just look around at what is being asked.

in other words, just use the "AutoTrader" link to the left.
Volvo V70 - Martin Wall
There's a new model due out in a few months time and the current model is available new or pre-registered at big, big discounts. For a few thousand more you could be driving a brand new car with 3 year warranty. Failing that I would be looking for big discounts on either of these used cars as they are overpriced. I'm assuming that this is from a local Volvo dealer?
Volvo V70 - pd
Neither sound that cheap but the 1st one on the 53 is dead on CAP Retail (CAP put it at 16095) so if it's a main dealer they are around the correct guide prices.

Trade is 13750.