Peugeot 407 good replacement for 406? - baffled1
A mate has asked me to help source a newer estate to replace their 406 estate (2.0 ltr petrol 135k). As the 406 as proved generally OK he is drawn to the 407. As they do 20k plus miles per year the diesels seem appropriate. ie: the 2.0 HDi 136hp. Is this a good idea (the car will be kept for several years) or can anyone recommend alternatives please?
Peugeot 407 good replacement for 406? - Brian Tryzers
I'd rather have a C5 estate than a 407. Similar choice of engines, much more usable load space, delightfully wafty suspension and - and this would be important to me - not gobsmackingly ugly. (Over to TVM for a reply to the last bit (---:{ )
Peugeot 407 good replacement for 406? - mike hannon
The 407SW doesn't look as though it has as much load area or as big a tailgate as the 406. Don't know what it's for, really.
Peugeot 407 good replacement for 406? - SpamCan61 {P}
IIRC HJ's road tests point out the 307SW has more usable space than the 407SW.
Peugeot 407 good replacement for 406? - Altea Ego
- not gobsmackingly ugly. (Over to TVM for a reply to the last bit (---:{
)

Blimey thats rich, have you ever seen a wildebeast? frighteningly ugly animal. Disgusting habits too.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Peugeot 407 good replacement for 406? - Brian Tryzers
Touché, TVM - but you should see the size of our horns.

Bon weekend, tout le monde.
Should have said, any comments on the engine I propose? The letters HDI are unknown territory for me.
Peugeot 407 good replacement for 406? - Vansboy
Not sure what your budget is, but the hardest thing you'll have is actually finding one.

I did a similar exercise for a 406 estate & trying to find a nice one, was really hard!!

The 407 doesn't seem to have flooded the market, with used estates yet, but there ARE some very well equiped models & trim levels, out there - but not cheap!!

The other option, I'd think on, would be Mazda 6 - again few & far between though.

VB
Should have said the budget is 8-10k probably get an 04 car. Been doing some research myself and wonder what people think of the Skoda Octavia (estate) and Mazda 6 (ditto).Is Mazda diesel engine reliable ??
Peugeot 407 good replacement for 406? - Stuartli
I'd plump for the Skoda Octavia.....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by