New Tyres, advice please. - therob1984
After MUCH messing about with my Focus it has been discovered that I require new rear tyres as they are out of shape causing noise (a lot of noise) and general bad ride comfort.

A well known garage (Starts with a * ooh let me guess - snip PU ) tried to charge me £130 for 2 rears and they weren't even a premium brand.

I have decided that It would be best to just get 4 new tyres as the fronts are budget tyres and its a front wheel drive. Safety first and all that.

I do not want Pirelli P6000's because of road noise. I was looking at some Khumo 769's which I can purchase for £45 each.

With a budget of £50 per tyre (give or take a few pounds) What Mid-range tyres would you recommend?

- Quiet good all round tyres.

Thanks guys!
New Tyres, advice please. - Roger Jones
Search the Back Room for "tyre" with my name as poster, messages less than a month old.
New Tyres, advice please. - nick
www.blackcircles.com will give a good idea of prices, the tyres have customer reviews too FWIW. I'm sure I've seen tyre comparison tests online somewhere, someone will be along in a bit with a link.
New Tyres, advice please. - hillman1 {p}
I had Falken FK452s fitted to my Mondeo recently. They were a good price, good in the dry, not bad in the wet and pretty quiet too.

This was on the advice of several Backroom experts!
New Tyres, advice please. - cheddar
I had Falken FK452s fitted to my Mondeo recently. They were a good price good
in the dry not bad in the wet and pretty quiet too.

Likewise, they are excellent, wearing well too. Falken are a premuim brand, tyres made in Japan, just not known well in the UK.
New Tyres, advice please. - piston power
www.mytyres.co.uk try these click on the GB flag it will take you into the site, just put your tyre size in and away you go.
This company is in germany & i have used them for the last 2 years they offer a fitting service i fit my own good luck..
New Tyres, advice please. - Ruperts Trooper
The 205/60 15H Goodyear Excellence now on my Astra are certainly quieter than the previous NCT5. Under £60 including delivery, vat, fitting, valve, balance and disposal.
New Tyres, advice please. - Pugugly {P}
I've also used them, excellent delivery, bang on prices and a fiver a corner to fit at my local National. Last time I needed two tyres I took their price into National and they matched them.
New Tyres, advice please. - henry k
An old thread I know
I was looking at some Khumo 769's which I can purchase for £45 each.

On advice from the backroom I bought two Khumo KU31s to replace the FateOs ( that were new all round when I bought my S/H 98 Mondeo II)
I have now replaced the second pair and for the first time the Khumos are on the front.

I am astounded at the reduction in the noise level. Even SWMBO has commented.
The down side is that I can now hear previously hidden noises :-)

I am unsure if the Khumos are exceptionally quiet or the much cheaper FateOs were making excessive noise?