Rover 420 sldi clutch slave,master cyl. - 420 Turbo Diesel
HI.I have this weekend fitted a new clutch in my rover 420 SLDI.I noticed when I stripped it that there was no end play on the clutch arm,ie you couldn't move it from side to side at all when connected to the slave cylinder.I fitted the new clutch,when I came to refit the slave cylinder I tried to push the piston back so I could refit it,it wouldn't go back,in the end I had to undo the snap connector and press the inner bit down,then I could push the piston back.I refitted it,the clutch works fine,but there is no float on the clutch arm and there is no slack at all on the pedal,almost as if there is pressure on the release arm all the time.I know normally with hydraulic clutches you have a little bit of travel on the clutch pedal before you feel pressure,with mine it is there all the time.It seems strange that I couldn't push the slave piston back,it was as if a return valve is blocked.The whole system is a sealed thing,you can't strip the slave or master cylinder.Can anyone give me any help on this? Thankyou. Regards Andrew...
--
I do like my Diesels to be Turbocharged for that extra OOMPH!!!!
Rover 420 sldi clutch slave,master cyl. - Civic8
I have heard of this happening,AFAIK its caused by plastic piston in master cylinder cracking,means a new system :(