Mondeo Head Gasket~How much?? - stuartl
I am halfway through doing the HG on my Mondeo 2litre and the head is away being skimmed and pressure tested as I speak. I was just wondering what this would have cost if I had got a mechanic to do it or (gulp) a main dealer??

Just need to convince myself that the swear words and greasy clothes have been worth the effort!!

Thanks

Stuart
Mondeo Head Gasket~How much?? - TurboD
8 hours at what?, £75-£100 per hour at a big garage,perhaps £40 at a real garage.
Less if one had had a lot of practice and jsut swapped heads.
Still a nasty job on a twin overhead cam motor.
Been there.
Mondeo Head Gasket~How much?? - stuartl
Thanks TurboD

Haynes recommend leaving in place the inlet and exhaust manifolds but I removed the exhaust manifold from the head and removed the inlet manifold once the head was 'half out' of the engine bay.
The reason I am having it pressure tested after being skimmed is because the thought of getting it all apart for a second time brings me out in a cold sweat!!

It was much easier in my crossflow based kit car, about an hour's work I think that was!!!
Mondeo Head Gasket~How much?? - SpamCan61 {P}
When I needed a head gasket changed on a 2.0 Omega in a hurry a VX main dealer charged me 400notes, I should think a Mondeo is similar,at the right dealer.
Mondeo Head Gasket~How much?? - hm
£400 ish.........for a Ford........

When I do one for a mate at home I charge £200 inc parts... ;-)
Mondeo Head Gasket~How much?? - SpamCan61 {P}
My local mobile mechanic charged just under 250 quid for parts & labour when he did my Cavalier 1800.

>>When I do one for a mate at home I charge £200 inc parts... ;-)

12 months materials & workmanship warranty? ;-)