Audi 80 TDI Clutch Judder - bardi

I've recently bought an Audi 80 TDI and I am noticing a clutch judder on take up in first gear.
This mainly happens first thing in the morning and once the clutch has been used a few times it settles down, although the take up is very sharp, with no comfort zone.

The car has covered 120K and is on its original clutch. (K Reg).

I can just about live with the problem, but would welcome any advice.
Audi 80 TDI Clutch Judder - RichardW
"I can just about live with the problem, but would welcome any advice."

Don't live with, get a new clutch put in it. Sounds like it's worn out and / or contaminated with oil. Clutches are an oddity - provided you avoid main dealers their replacement cost is not usually that high - £300 or so typically - but most people will put them off and struggle with heavy / awkward clutches that makes the cars a pig to drive. If you want to keep it, then replace the clutch, it will bo sooooo much better to drive. I changed the clutch in my wife's ZX last year as it was really heavy. New unit is very light, and makes a huge difference to the car. Only cost just over £100 in parts - well worth it in my opinion - I wish I had bitten the bullet and changed clutches on some other cars I had in the past!
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Audi 80 TDI Clutch Judder - bardi

Dear Richard,

Many thanks for your pragmatic response.

I've arranged to have a replacement fitted next week. I love the car and I'm sure the investment will be worthwhile.

Cheers,

Steve