Newbies New Car Time - DmcL1984
ok a bit of background info.. im 22, in n.ireland and "enjoy" cars. never really been into the chavvy thing just sort of do my own thing with my cars, just a case of what works i guess. i originally hail from sunny south florida so for the early half of my life id been around hot rods, muscle cars, making random gadgets to fire watermellons 300ft down the road, etc.. so im really of the "hot rod" mentality when it comes to cars.

unfortunately my age, budget and the types of car about today in the second hand market mean i cant do that yet.. previously ive owned about 10 cars since i was 18 and passed my test. all bought for under 1k with the exception of one (3.9k). anyway.. for one reason of another i dont keep them long. more recently its been due to unforseen circumstances rather than loss of interest. a 1990 Honda Civic hatch 1.6i-16, great, cheap and sound running. broke into and attempted theft so sold rather than repair, next an auto (blah) 1991(E36) bmw 325i se. again good and cheap but terminally damaged by a malfunctioning pop up bollard in a carpark.

my question is (bearing in mind the actual year it is and whats on the market these days and not going back in time) what cars would suit an avid car enthusiast with common sense and good taste (i hope i have..)?

i haven't really got any preferences on model or make just that i would like my insurance to be no higher than what it is correctly on the defunked 325i. as i am a tall fella i would like a car that my knees and chin do not make contact in and would prefer RWD(not limited to). im keen on a ford sierra, or rather another one, particularly a 2.0 DOHC 8v as i have experience doing major engine work on one so the "been there, done that" rule applies. also keen on another BMW or a Merc of some sort. something that can be respectable 99.9% of the time but in the right "nobody's about at this time" circumstances will put a smile on your face one way or another.

I've about 1k to spend.

got rid of the second post for you ! - PU