Mondeo Head Gasket Questions - stuartl
I'm changing the HG on my 2litre Mondeo at the weekend. I was wondering if the is any merit in getting the head skimmed even if it shows no signs of warping. I bought the car with HG failure so not sure how hot it got. The car will start after a bit and drives ok. It has done 160,000 miles.

Thanks Stuart
Mondeo Head Gasket Questions - yorkiebar
Don't skim it unless it needs it.

If unsure take it to an engineering shop and ask them to measure it accurately for you.
Mondeo Head Gasket Questions - topbloke
i would def get it checked out by an engine shop as you have no history of why its gone and its a lot off trouble having to strip it back off again after it go's again, far easier to do the job once properly
Mondeo Head Gasket Questions - Aprilia
Never put a head on without having it checked and pressure tested.
Mondeo Head Gasket Questions - stuartl
Thanks for the advice! I will certainly get it checked before refitting as it looks like a long winded job to replace the HG and I certainly dont want to do it twice! I have a fairly local trusted motor engineer who I will present the head to upon removal. If it does need skimming will the valves need to be removed first? Might seem a silly question but I have never had a head skimmed before so dont know the process used.

Thanks

Stuart