Citroen C15 buying advice-age vs mileage - dooley
I'm looking at getting a C15 van and i'm unsure as to which route to go. i can get a very low mileage one of about 5 years old, or a newer one with a more typical mileage. what would you fellas recommend?

also - would waxoyling it and/or undersealing help with preventing rust, or is it not worth the bother?

and any other general advice would be welcome too!

ta

Edited by Webmaster on 27/11/2007 at 00:52

Citroen C15 buying advice-age vs mileage - RichardW
No doubt you will get lots of folk telling you they are rubbish, but, just remember it's a 25 year old design, and it's CHEAP, and you won't go far wrong.

They were probably designed for a short hard life, so I'd be tempted to go for the newer version - however, it's really got to be on condition. If the older van is not suffering corrosion then it's probably worth a punt. The engine and gearbox are pretty much unburstable - as long the engine doesn't lose the coolant.
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Citroen C15 buying advice-age vs mileage - stunorthants26
These vans go on almost indefinatley - thats why they were sold for so long - people always wanted them for their simplicity and dependability. Id go for the older one and look after it.
Citroen C15 buying advice-age vs mileage - local yokel
Do a national search on Autotrader Vans site - there's one with only 5,000 miles! Plenty to choose from.
Citroen C15 buying advice-age vs mileage - bell boy
Drive before you buy one as they are indeed old fashioned
Ive seen some of the laters ones with the bigger wheels have power steering, i would want this one one of these
Yes definately waxoil it.
Citroen C15 buying advice-age vs mileage - oilrag
I`m not sure, but I think the old C15 may not be galvanised like most small vans are these days.

If so, even with comprehensive waxoiling, there is always somewhere you cant easily get it, such as inside the upper door frames/double skins etc..
I have seen some rusting very badly all over at only a few years old.

Check whether it has front wheel arch liners too.

I think you get what you pay for regarding the bodywork, but good for high mileage.
Do you really want that struggle with the rust though?

I looked at them and didnt want to go back to that era of corrosion protection, although the price is tempting.