Lane Discipline & Other Rants - David Horn
Had the deep joy of driving (sorry, creeping) along the M62 on Friday from Leeds. It was busy the whole way, with the speed ranging from about 5mph up to 40 or 50. I picked the middle lane and drifted along, leaving a wide gap between me and the car in front, which brings me to my point:

If I'm doing 30mph in my lane and YOUR lane (blue Ford Focus in particular) comes to a halt, my gap is not your acceleration lane. Do not think that because your indicator is on that you are perfectly entitled to just pull out, forcing me to stamp on my brakes and making the jam worse behind me. During the hour I was on that road, I stayed in my lane and you leap-frogged your way along, annoying other drivers and taking risks. At the end of it? I was ahead of you by about 50 feet. So there.

One of these days I'm going to buy an old landie with huge bull bars and the next time this happens, my foot might not get to the brake pedal fast enough. Since you pulled out in front of me, you'll be the one to blame, and I might have to clean your paint off my metalwork.

What else really annoys you when driving?

Oh - one other thing. During my trip I saw a car on the hard shoulder with a nasty dent in the back with a traffic officer parked behind him. Shortly ahead I noticed another car driving very erratically, and coincidentally with a matching dent in his front bumper. I suspect the two are relevant, since the car I spotted was in immaculate condition apart from the hole on his bumper. I got his number plate, should I pass it on to anyone?
Rant: Lane Discipline - DP
People with no idea of lane discipline. Like the plank in a metallic bottle green Vauxhall Omega (with one headlight not working) on the A30 between Blackbushe and Camberley earlier. He's dawdling (37 mph - I love digital speedos - in a 50 limit). Nevertheless, the conditions are not great, and I'm maintaining at a respectful distance. The road switches from single to dual carriageway, so I accelerate gently, do a quick mirror and shoulder check, and move toward the centre line in order to pick up lane 2 as the road changes. Just as we get to the start of the dual carriageway, he veers right with no indication, and proceeds to sit in lane two at 37 mph, with a mile of empty road ahead of him.

And yes, I'm the idiot in the blue Scenic that undertook him. Not big or clever, but short of ramming him off the road, or travelling for a mile on a national speed limit dual carriageway at 37 mph, couldn't think of another option.

I also get annoyed at the queue jumping morons on the M25 at Junction 12 (M3 - Thorpe Interchange) every rush hour evening who use the mile long, relatively clear M3 filter lane to undertake the usually stationary traffic on the main carriageway before doing an emergency stop at the absolute last minute and indicating right to come back out, causing everything following them who are genuinely coming off onto the M3 to also do an emergency stop and then sit stationary until someone on the main carriageway lets them back out.

Cheers
DP

Rant: Lane Discipline - Stuartli
One answer to such driving behaviour is a return of large numbers of genuine traffic cops and, even better, many of them in unmarked cars...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What's for you won't pass you by
Rant: what annoys you? - Pugugly {P}
Caravans.
Rant: Lane Discipline - Micky
">many of them in unmarked cars<"

Marked cars please, I am paranoid about overtaking unmarked Plod.
Rant: Lane Discipline - Orson {P}
You can usually tell unmarked cars - look through the back window. Where the rear view mirror should be is a camera, with the rear view mirror off set. Either than or 2 rear view mirrors.

O
--
Jaguar XJS V12 - comes with free personalised oil tanker.
Lane Discipline & Other Rants - Leif
Oh - one other thing. During my trip I saw a car on the hard
shoulder with a nasty dent in the back with a traffic officer parked behind him.
Shortly ahead I noticed another car driving very erratically and coincidentally with a matching dent
in his front bumper. I suspect the two are relevant since the car I spotted
was in immaculate condition apart from the hole on his bumper. I got his number
plate should I pass it on to anyone?

Hilarious! You could always ring the local police and say what you know. If they have a report of an incident on the same day, time and place, they can match it up.
Lane Discipline & Other Rants - wotspur
well it's bank holiday and all the muppets with no real driving experience are outand about - hence I stay off the road as much as possible.

caravans,
not keeping up with the pace
not indicating
and lorries overtaking on the m26 , 1/2 mile before joining the m20 which then goes into 3 lanes

Anyway I had a crash the other day, hit a car up the back.The geezer got out he was a dwarf.
He said to me , I'm not happy
I replied well which one are you then[
Lane Discipline & Other Rants - Pugugly {P}
Hahaha.
Lane Discipline & Other Rants - JH
Grumpy, I should think.
JH
Lane Discipline & Other Rants - Chris White
Anyway I had a crash the other day hit a car up the back.The geezer
got out he was a dwarf.
He said to me I'm not happy
I replied well which one are you then[

That's great :-D
Lane Discipline & Other Rants - OldHand
My pet hate? People who pull out into lane 2 for no reason when I'm driving at 160mph.
driving in the middle lane - spikeyhead {p}
www.harveyandrews.com/sounds/Gift/middle_lane.mp3

He wrote the song to keep him sane whilst driving to gigs, the full version's great but the chorus in the link gives you a good idea of how it goes.
--
I read often, only post occasionally
driving in the middle lane - neepheid
Middle lane????
Where I come from there is a lane in each direction, and the middle lane between the white lines is for motorbikes.