Driver Age Limits - omegalen
The circumferentially challenged Jo Brand is saying on TV that older drivers cause a disproportionately higher number of accidents than others. But insurance companies rate drivers under 25 as high risk based on the number of claims, so obviously the minimum age for a driving licence should be raised to 25 in the interests of road safety.
Another matter, I find that women drivers do not pull out of side turnings in front of other vehicles with right of way as men do. Is this because they have been programmed by nature to survive in order to protect the survival of the human race, or because their lives being so much easier than men`s that they are more relaxed? But younger women drive much too close to the car in front. Omegalen
Driver Age Limits - a900ss
Premiums keep going down to about 50 years of age, not 25. Then they start creeping up again. At 70, some companies will not take you on as new business....
Driver Age Limits - Robin Reliant
Jo Brand is a comedian...in every sense of the word.
--
Driver Age Limits - Westpig
just booked a hire car for later in the year......they say that the driver must be between 23yrs and 74 yrs, otherwise it's a no-no

they've done that for a reason, haven't they!
Driver Age Limits - FotheringtonThomas
Premiums keep going down to about 50 years of age not 25. [...] At 70 some companies
will not take you on

I entered my details with my current provider, with a changed age, for an online quote.
I'm in my 40s. at age 74, the premium is the same, to within £2 (265-ish). ICBA to enter
details to find out what it would be were I 25, but I bet it'd be more.
Driver Age Limits - L'escargot
the minimum age for a driving
licence should be raised to 25 in the interests of road safety.

That might not make the degree of improvement you predict. I think it's only partly to do with immaturity at a young age. The rest is down to lack of driving experience. The more driving experience you have the more you are likely to spot a hazardous situation arising (because you've seen it before), and take the necessary action before the hazard is there and right on top of you. Also, hazards are sometimes partly of your making. It takes experience to make sure you don't contribute to a hazard.
--
L\'escargot.
Driver Age Limits - Manatee
It's one of those "shark attack" statistics. 99% of shark attacks on humans are in less than 3 feet of water. So make sure you swim where it's at least 4 feet deep and you'll be OK ;-)
Driver Age Limits - Mad Maxy
Sounds like part of Jo Brand's act. BTW, she's not circumferentially challenged: she has amplitude in circumference +++. :-)
Driver Age Limits - Leif
>> the minimum age for a driving
>> licence should be raised to 25 in the interests of road safety.
That might not make the degree of improvement you predict. I think it's only partly
to do with immaturity at a young age. The rest is down to lack of
driving experience.
L\'escargot.

That is certainly my thinking. But I learnt to drive at age 35, and after passing my premiums for full comprehensive cover were about £300 per annum (this was 8 year ago) which was modest. So I think age is the key factor in the calculation. It is unfortunate for those youngsters who are sensible.

Regarding women drivers not pulling out, I've nearly driven into the side of at least one car driven by a women which pulled out of a side road. My experience is that women drivers tend to be more 'silly' and men more 'aggressive and bullying'. That is reflected in the stats as (I think) women tend to have more minor bumps, but less big crashes.