Driving Lights Wiring Help - the_chosen_family
Hi Guy's and Girls

I wonder if I could ask some advice please.

I have bought some Maxtel Driving Lights which did not come with any wiring kit which is not a problem in itself as I can do this myself.

However, the question is this: I am a little confused as there is only one wire coming form the back of the plastic lamp housing which is terminated with a small tubular crimp connector.

I sort of expected to see two, a live and a ground\earth. Am I missing something or do I just run a ground to the car frame.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Steve
Driving Lights Wiring Help - Dynamic Dave
guessing that the earthing is done through the fixing bolt. Unless you're mounting the lights onto plastic bumpers, then the earth connection will be made via contact with the metal of the bumper. If you're not bolting to a metal surface, then you'll need to run an earth wire to the fixing bolts.
Driving Lights Wiring Help - the_chosen_family
To be honest that was what I was thinking but I wanted a second opinion.

I am fitting them to a Land Rover Discovery metal bumper so I think I'm okay.

Thanks for the reply.
Driving Lights Wiring Help - tr7v8
You need a relay as well, although I suspect the disco uses on for main beam. Don't put the extra current through the switch & flasher circuit.
Driving Lights Wiring Help - yorkiebar
What bulbs are they H1? etc. If H1 the base of the bulb holder will be the return path, are the lamps metal bodied or plastic.

If metal bodied, then its likely the bolt will act as the earth, if plastic you will need to run a wire from the bulb holder base to suitable earthing point.

If H7 type then you will need to run 1 wire (power) to 1 terminal of bulb and 1 from other terminal to earth.

hth