VAG main dealer Golf TDi service - steve
This is an update to the thread I posted last week re the main dealer service and the problems with over full engine oil, brake fluid and damage to the sill.
the car went back this afternoon for them to inspect. They replaced the brake fluid again - and refunded the total price on the bill (£42) for doing that work. I thought that this was a good deal and showed they understood.
They had nothing to do as far as the over full engine oil was concerned - I had already drained the excess at the MOT station.
As far as the sill was concerend they "could not find any evidence of any damage"! When I got home today I took a look and sure enough it has been reformed (almost).
The thing that makes me cross now is that I know they are lying to me - fair dos the car is just about back to how it should be - but why did they not just say "we are sorry but it was not that difficult to put right so hope you are OK with that" - instead of which they are basically saying that I (and the MOT tester) are blind idiots making up a story.
I am so P*****ed off by this but I am not sure what to do next.
If they are prepared to lie to me to try and cover this up then what else are they prepared to lie about?

Frankly I am gobsmacked - this is a main VAG dealer not a back street outfit.
Re: VAG main dealer Golf TDi service - Tiffany Dell
I worked with someone who was buying a new golf off a main dealer.

The salesman actuallylied to them about leaving a message with their daughter. They said which one? oh, I don't know I didn't ask her name, he said.

That's funny, said my friend, we don't have any children! btw the paint work on the new car was so bad, they rejected it.
Re: VAG main dealer Golf TDi service - Tony
What makes you think that the service from a VAG dealer will be so much better than a 'back street garage'.Nit Wit are not usually on the back street.
Re: VAG main dealer Golf TDi service - Mahatma Coate
This is happening much too often with VAG. We are in the throes of moving away from (mainly) Golfs to "less prestigious" makes like Ford - the poor quality and arrogant attitudes shown by VAG and its products have simply got too much.