EXOL Brand Dexron III Fluid - Surrey_Scientist
Have seen an oil CO. advertising EXOL brand lubricants on their ebay shop, wondered what the quality is like - anyone know ? Other fluid I've seen for sale is Comma, whcih I understand to be pretty cheep and cheerful from what others have said on this forum.

I am particualrly interested in their Exol Autotrans Dexron III fluid, which claims to be"Semi-synthetic".

It is for my 1995 celica GT

I would prob be buying a 25L drum.

I'd probabaly also be considering buying some fully synthetic engine oil for it too, assuming they do the right grade, and the quality is good. Anyone know what grade I should be using ?

EXOL Brand Dexron III Fluid - Aprilia
Exol are a blenders based in Brum, Morris's in Shrewsbury are a similar outfit. Nothing wrong with them since they probably buy bulk base oils and then blend in additive packs.
A semi-synth DIII will be more than adequate for your Toyota. Similarly a fully-synth 5W-40 will be better than whatever it came out of the factory with.
I would do a few 'drain and fill' cylcles on the transmission to ensure that all (or nearly all) of the fluid is changed.
EXOL Brand Dexron III Fluid - Ruperts Trooper
25 litres?

I've always run Vauxhall automatics which use Toyota's Aisin-Warner autobox. Under normal driving no fluid change is needed. Under severe operating conditions (which covers many things) the fluid should be changed every 40,000 miles.

I change mine every 20,000 miles as only about half the nominal capacity drains out, the rest remaining in the torque converter. It takes 2.5 litres. I get Comma AQ3 which is Dexron 3 specification - it's £15 for 5 litres.
EXOL Brand Dexron III Fluid - Screwloose
SS

Just out of interest; what were thay asking for the 25ltrs? I used to sell the Valvoline DIII/Mercon 25's for around £50.

If it's in a 25 ltr pail, then it's [very] old stock - possibly ex-disposal auction? HSE regulations have required max 20 ltr pails for quite a few years.
EXOL Brand Dexron III Fluid - Surrey_Scientist
think they were asking about £50...

Most large drums of oils/fluids I have seen seem to be in 25L .. have to confess haven't heard of thsi HSE reg, or seen that many 20L drums, all seems to be 25s

EXOL Brand Dexron III Fluid - Screwloose
SS

It was to do with the maximum weight that a single person can lift occupationally. 25's were deemed too heavy, so 20 litre packs replaced them about 5 years ago. [It was a handy way for the manufacturers to sneak in a price rise too....]

It's surprising how many old size pails are still around.