Plea to HJ - Alan-FC
I'm not sure how to say this as it clearly states above 'no naming and shaming'......................I guess I'll leave out the make and model of my car unless the moderators tell me they are happy for me to mention it as I sincerly believe it is in the motoring publics best interest. Basically it's to do with a car owned from new, recently out of warranty which the manufacturer can't repair. So it's your call.

My car is 3 yrs 10 months old, has done 55,000 miles, serviced as per the book, using only synthetic oil and using only shell fuel. Basically it has been well looked after.

I month ago the car developed a starting problem, the main dealer has spent 25 hours fault finding and cannot find what is causing the problem. It has effectively been off the road for a month and is still with the garage. The service manager has admitted he has reached a brick wall and doesn't know what to do next.

What am I expected to do, scrap a 4 yr old car which cost me £10,000 new?

HJ is well respected in the motoring world and I am asking you if you would be able to put some pressure on the manufacturer to get this ridiculous situation resolved please. I really don't know what else to do and find the whole charade quite unbeleivable.

If you feel you cannot help, I'd be grateful if you can point me to someone who can. I don't really want to go down the legal route as I am sure it will just drag things on even longer, |'m just looking for someone to apply common sense and get the manufacturer to make a concerted effort to fix my car.

Thanks