Help! Bora/Golf door panel removal - matstro
Hi, is there anyone watching right now who can give me a clue how to remove the interior front door panel on a 99 Bora? Possibly the front door is the same as the Golf??

I've prised the panel back from the door frame around the edges but just can't figure out how the other fixings can be accessed. I'm assuming I prise off some trim etc to access fixing screws but nothing seems to want to budge. I've done a few door cards in the past but this one has me beat!

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Help! Bora/Golf door panel removal - Screwloose
matstro

The plastic door pull prises apart to reveal a couple of screws.
ok, great got the door trim off. I need to get the big metal plate off now as something broke yesterday and the glass has dropped inside the door. I've got all the 10mm bolts out around the edge of the metal plate and its loose but is still captive somewhere. Is it riveted onto an inner frame or something or will it physically remove now all the bolts are taken off? Again, I can't fathom how its fixed after the bolts are taken off around the edge........
matstro

You should have said. Forget it.

The cheap, brittle plastic, links from the window regulator to the glass have snapped. [Maybe a mosquito landed on them!] I did 5 in one year on a Golf.

That's one of the nastiest jobs around. It's being held by the door lock and handle assy. Getting it apart through the gap will make you bleed and there's no point taking it apart without having a new inner door/regulator assy to replace it ready. There are new links advertized on e-bay; but......
......nastiest job around, I can imagine! I've got the metal panel hanging off now by prising apart the plastic lugs holding the black plastic lock mech on. (did this before reading your above post) Theres loads of bits and peices inside but theres no way I can go any further. I'm assuming the broken plastic bit you mention is white?? Its lying in the base of the door. Looks like a garage job now, all so we can open a sodding window arrghh

Ta for your advice Screwloose much appreciated.
just found this link that explains the whole job including replacing the broken bits if anyones interested. I may have a go myself now

forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1015107

That's some write-up! Haynes need to employ this guy!

You can see why there was just no way that I was even going to try to explain that lot to you....

I must try and get that repair kit he talks about. A whole new inner door assembly is much quicker to fit; but at £180-ish some customers might like a choice - this time.