Am I being Petty? - James888
Hi,

.*******
Do you think I have a case to reject the car under the sales of good act? I appreciate the car is a few years old (a 52 plate) but the car was valued at £6,700. Also, under the SOGA if I part ex my old car for two new ones and I rejected one of them can I claim a refund on that one or would it be a case of returning both of them and getting my partex back with the cash?

I would appreciate any views.

Am I being Petty? - James888
Sorry, something going wonkey here. basically I part ex a car for 2 older ones, one of which had a rattle. I pointed this out on the test drive and was told it would be fixed. I have been back twice and it is still there. Its a 52 plate so no spring chicken, but I dentified the fault with the sales person (door seals) but their attempt to fix it has not cured it. Lots of motorway miles means that it is quite anoying. (continued above)!
Am I being Petty? - Dynamic Dave
Sorry something going wonkey here.

Nope, you got edited by the swear filter. DD - BR Moderator.
Am I being Petty? - Civic8
Am I being petty

I think so,you cannot expect a new car at five years old,also they have tried to fix it but its a wear and tear item so not covered by warranty.
Goodwill on their part I think trying
--
Steve
Am I being Petty? - pd
I think you'll struggle with any sort of case with a rattle on a 52 high mileage car, it's a used car and used cars tend to be noisier and rattle more than new ones.

If it is something which is a sign of impending mechanical disaster (i.e. the engine rattles and sounds like it may fail) then you'd probably have a case unless it is REALLY loud and makes driving the car unreasonably tiring.

If it's a door seal try wiping some WD40 around all the seals or try then stuff BMW dealers sell for lubricating soft tops (called Gummifeldge or similar).
Am I being Petty? - stunorthants26
>>Am I being Petty?<<

Yes, its not a new car and the odd rattle on anything other than a high end car is par for the course, thats why its a used car and not a new one.

I cant say as i will be running back to the dealer whenever I hear a squeak from my little Fiat I have just bought - ill be shocked if something doesnt squeak or rattle.

If im reading this right, you are saying that a piece of rubber rattles? Surely its something else other than the seals themselves?
Am I being Petty? - Micky
">Am I being Petty?<"

Yes, but that should never stop you.