306 diesel won't rev past 3100rpm... - _bryan_
Hi,

I've recently fitted a replacement engine to my 306. The new engine came from a citroen zx and has a bosch fuel pump without immobiliser, in order to get it to run all I wired in was the stop soleniod. The old engine had a lucas pump with immobiliser, don't know if any of this helps.

For some reason the engine won't go past 3100rpm. It flies up to this point, really does. I've adjusted the max fuelling and it has given it a bit more go but it still won't rev past 3100rpm. It feels like I'm hitting some sort of limiter. If I give it max throttle it'll jump when it hits 3000rpm, but if I give it a little and let it accelerate more slowly it will creep up to 3100rpm before it starts jumping.

I've noticed there is a wire that goes to a very thin pipe which goes to what i think is the top of where the bolt that accesses the governor is. There is no feed going to this as I have explained only the stop solenoid has been wired in. Is this anything to do with it????

Or is it something else?

Cheers
Bryan.
Just to add...the wire goes to something on the front of the pump right at the bottom, and the thin pipe then goes from this to what I think is the governer...
306 diesel won't rev past 3100rpm... - mss1tw
Dodgy rpm/crankshaft sensor?

Is the engine exactly the same? As (Bear with me here) my 306 HDi used to change dramaitcally (Noise wise) at 3200rpm (If I remember right) and it was due to the injection mode of the injectors being changed.

Just a thought,

Dodgy rpm/crankshaft sensor?
Is the engine exactly the same? As (Bear with me here)
my 306 HDi used to change dramaitcally (Noise wise) at 3200rpm
(If I remember right) and it was due to the injection
mode of the injectors being changed.
Just a thought

It's a mechanically fuelled diesel not HDi so surely this wouldn't matter...

As for revving it from pump or car good point, I'll have a go outside the car later and get someone to check...
306 diesel won't rev past 3100rpm... - Ross_D
Are you revving it from the injection pump lever or the pedal?