ford mondeo lx (m) reg - wee mad jock
Just had alternator, starter motor replaced and am still having problems with battery not holding its charge. The rac and my local garage say there is no problem with the battery or alternator, also the fault seems to be intermitant i.e park up on fri dont touch car till mon, no problem. Park up on mon night try tue morn dead battery...??? any help would be appreciated thanks
ford mondeo lx (m) reg - Micky
Disconnect ancillary fuses and see if the problem is resolved. In the good old days, a cheap fix was a battery disconnect switch.
Thanks must be stuck in the good old days then have been disconnecting the battery morn and nights and apart from the hassle its working fine.
ford mondeo lx (m) reg - kithmo
Check that the boot light is not staying on, drop one of the back seats down to see.
ford mondeo lx (m) reg - Micky
It's supposed to force the ECU to go through some sort of learning process, I've never really accepted that so perhaps it doesn't. Putting in the radio code must be a bit of a pain. If the fault is not obvious (meaning: if you can't be bothered) then fit a battery disconnect switch.
ford mondeo lx (m) reg - stuartl
It may sound obvious but check the boot light, interior light(s) and glovebox light if it is independent of exterior lights. I had a similar problem on our old Mini and never got to the bottom of it so good luck.

PS, glad you had two opinions on the battery. A naff 'ok' from a fast fit place cost my Dad £500 ten years ago when a Jaguar dealer removed the two 'faulty' alarms on the car only to later find out that the battery was knackered after all...............
Thanks for the tips all, looks like i could be in for some fun this w/e. The rac man also said that he couldnt find any earths so it must be something else, so i will start light watching. again thanks to all and i will let you know what happens.