London Route Advice - Quinny100
I'm going to Upton Park next week to watch a football match and will be travelling from the North West via the M6. I'm taking 3 friends and it's £65 each on the train so I want to do the bulk of the journey in the car.

I don't really want to drive all the way to the ground, so I've had a look and Upminster is at the end of the tube line serving Upton Park, and has a 500 space car park.

Only issue is which is the best way to get to Upminster. The most direct route is M1/M25, but will that be the quickest? What will traffic be like on the M25 on a Saturday around midday?
London Route Advice - wotspur
The only bit of advice I can give, is at the end of the game, cross the road and go through the old market area to join the hour long queue for the tube, if you follow the masses the q will be even longer.
I rarely drive that section of the m25 at weekends but when i have it hasn't been too bad.
London Route Advice - daveyjp
See IHAQ thread about the cost of rail tickets - a bit of playing on rail fare websites could get you much cheaper tickets than £65.
London Route Advice - Altea Ego
Upminster is virtually on the M25 so its a logical choice. AT the end of the game I (as you are going eastbound) I would walk to Plaistow and get a tube from there. (walk past the station from the ground - take first left - about a mile walk) I could lend you my claret and blue scarf so you could have a post match drink in the boleyn....
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
London Route Advice - Micky
M11 and Norf Circlar, park near the ground
London Route Advice - jc2
Put a spare set of wheels in the boot then!
London Route Advice - Quinny100
Are there any matchday car parks near the ground? I don't mind paying a few quid to park.
Round there? not a hope. It will take you hours to get near the ground by car let alone park.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
London Route Advice - Micky
Park on a sideroad or in a Tescos. Ignore TVM, he know nothing.
you are a cruel trickster micky me ole mate
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >