Wheel Trims - Dishwater
My car's a Citroen C5 with 15in wheels. The paintwork is mid-grey metallic which means I rarely have to wash the damn thing. In fact I haven't washed it for three years. The only visible indications that it might need washed are the plastic front wheel trims which have 14 fake spokes that become filthy black in no time and are nearly impossible to clean without first removing them. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy spoke-less trims consisting of a simple flat or even slightly domed disc? These would be a cinch to wipe clean if they ever even got dirty in the first place.
Wheel Trims - dan_b
it certainly is possible to get them if you go down to your local wilco's or halfords i'm sure if you asked someone in there they would point you in the right direction hope this helps you

{Txt talk corrected. Please note that you're not limited to 160 characters here as you are with a mobile phone - DD}
Wheel Trims - mss1tw
{Txt talk corrected. Please note that you're limited to 160 characters
here as you are with a mobile phone - DD}

I have a 'not' needing a home, DD. Will you accept the little blighter? ;o)

{No, I'll just use my edit button ;o) - DD}
Wheel Trims - Dynamic Dave
You used to be able to buy rubber liners that fitted within the wheels, not sure if you still can or not. However you'll find that blocking up the holes in the wheels will cause the brakes to overheat more quickly as there is less ventilation for them. There has been previous mention on here that fitting EBC Greenstuff brake pads stops brake dust appearing in the first place, so that might be the best thing to try.
Wheel Trims - dan_b
ebc green stuff brake pads will also make your brakes work alot better aswell
Wheel Trims - Altea Ego
>The only visible indications that it might need washed are the plastic front wheel trims which have 14 fake ?>spokes that become filthy black in no time and are nearly impossible to

Take them off and put them in the washing machine
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Wheel Trims - bathtub tom
I've heard that wheel trims clean up a treat if put through the dishwasher (they look like dinner plates), but I'm too scared of SWMBO to attempt it.
Has anyone tried it?
Wheel Trims - Altea Ego
gets very hot in the dishwasher, 70c normally and they would come out cloudy. use a low temp eco wash
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Wheel Trims - Dulwich Estate
Let me know how you get on with the dishwasher. Ours has a 35 degree short wash which sounds as if it should be OK. I nearly used it yesterday on the Jazz wheel trims but chickened out and used good old washing up liquid and a brush.
Wheel Trims - Tim Costello
What an incredible co-incidence that you are looking for a set of flat wheel trims! I have just posted the same query, down to using the same phrase: 'simple flat, or slightly domed' trims!

I tried many Google searches with no result except on eBay, try 'mooneyes' search. They are expensive as they come from the USA and seem to screw into the base of the tire!

I have a few queries with different firms and will let you know the results and can you do likewise.

Anyway, I have always loved the look of those bic classic cars from the 30s, the cars like Rolls with the sweeping wings mudguards with running boards. These lead to a second swept mudguard for the rear wheels. And what did those wheels have? Yes, plain flat disc trims with only the tire valve hole!

I am thinking of getting the new 2011 Vauxhall/Opel Astra Sports Tourer estate. A beautiful unfussy design only spoiled by the busy multi-hole cut-outs on the weel trim. That is why I want to get them.

Tim Costello.