Octavia central locking battery - Crinkly Dave
Hi

Remote locking just ceased, but key still works. It is the large keyfob with the key that swings into the side and is released by a button, like all the VW group. Hopefully the procedure should be the same for all.

Hopefully it is either (1) a flat keyfob battery or (2) the keyfob being operated out of sight of the car. I have tested for (2) by locking the car, pressing the "undo" button on the fob, and then opening the door. No change. I hope I have the correct sequence.

I need to check (1). No effect on the TV when I try the remote in front of it. I need to take the battery out, but how?

Thanks in advance for your help

CD
Octavia central locking battery - Halmer
Dave

The key breaks in half one way and then in half again the other way. Simply twisting it whilst pulling should do the first break. If it doesn't go there is a little screwdriver slot to lever it apart. It takes a bit of twisting but it will come apart.

The second 'split' is fairly simple using both thumbs . The battery is £1.99 new from Maplins or similar.

All of the above assumes that is the same or similar to a 3 button Passat fob.
Thank you Halmer

Like so many jobs, the second one is easy! Difficult without drawings or a demonstration, and I am terrrified of breaking SWMBO's car

Will gird myseld and have a go
Dave

I've done a few now at work (getting a reputation as a VW key fob expert!) now and they are fairly rugged. You wont brake it! Has it got the small slot at the side where you can insert a large screwdriver head? If so just put the head in it and turn. It will break apart.
Sorry meant break not brake obviously.

Cars on the brain (or is it brane!!)
Thanks guys. Whilst girding loins I got another response on the Briskoda octavia forum, pointing me to www.fabia-vrs.com/key-code.htm

The diagram made it simpler.

Spare fob battery down to .4V, used one was 2.9V. Gave up and put them together, and the used one worked!!

Cars, doncha love them. Will get a pair of new batteries in the week