mondeo battery warning light stays on - wils81
Firstly hi and be gentle as its a first post.

Right ive just bought a 03 mondeo tdci 115bhp and at first everything was ok. Yesterday driving home the battery warning light came on and now comes on about 30 seconds after the car is started.

I had the battery and alternator checked at a garage and they are both working and giving sufficient charge. When we had a look at the alternator it is clear that it is a new one and been installed recently.

I rang the trader who i bought the car off of and he said that when he bought the car the light was coming on aswell but after telling his mate to get a new one installed everything was ok (must of been because i bought it a couple of days ago and the light wasnt on). Anyone have any ideas why this is happenin?

Also the fella at the garage mentioned something about some pipes being left off of the alternator but that its not that important at the moment whats he on about?
mondeo battery warning light stays on - mrbeginner
take the car back to the trader and ask him to repair it under warranty!
mondeo battery warning light stays on - Screwloose

Yes; take it back. It sounds as though the new alternator is faulty.

They're controlled by the engine ECU on these and the ECU puts the light on if a problem is detected - not the alternator as was previously the case.
well this morning the car started straight up and again the warning light came on. I drove to pick someone up and while waiting outside for 10 minutes with engine idling and blower on the blower started to overheat.

I turned the car off, let it cool down and when i turned it back on the battery warning light is now not illuminated.

I took it to a auto electrician who rigged it up to a diagnostic machine and we spotted 13 faults. The problem is the faults have the same unknown code. We tried to clear them but they wasnt clearing. Any ideas?
mondeo battery warning light stays on - Screwloose

What was the code?
screwloose cant remember the code exactly but something like 000006 or maybe just all 0's.
mondeo battery warning light stays on - Pugugly {P}
Take it back - he's coughed it !
what do you mean hes coughed it
mondeo battery warning light stays on - Pugugly {P}
Admitted that there was a fault he tried to fix, he would appear liable.
so what you are saying is that the original problem was not the alternator and after him switching it has made the problem worse