Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - perleman
Got pulled doing 110 on the M1 today, the policeman said they'd recorded me doing up to 115 at one point. I was genuinly appologetic & regretful, and they dealt with the matter by issuing a FPN and 60 pound fine. I think the Policeman appreciated that I wasn't likely to do it again (which I'm not), and that the road was clear which must have been a factor in their leniancy, but I still think I had the luckyest escape ever. Lesson learned. There can't be that many people caught doing that sort of speed & not banned?
Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - Pete M
Here in New Zealand, anything over 140km/h leads to 28 days instant suspension of licence, on the spot. And I think it may carry 28 days car confiscation too. You couldn't get away with such speeds here unless you were the Prime Minister!

tinyurl.com/yq3jap

In the event the police and drivers were convicted, but later appealed and won.
Our glorious leader took no responsibility.

Hmmmm
Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - L'escargot
Got pulled doing 110 on the M1 today, the policeman said
they'd recorded me doing up to 115 at one point.

So they must have been following you. Didn't you notice?
--
L\'escargot.
Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - Dwight Van Driver
If he also gave you a producer for you Driving Licence then do not be complacent.

ACPO Guidelines dictate that 96 mph and above at NSL then it is a trip to Court and at over 100mph then very possible a disqualification.

Check your FPN - what speed has been recorded if any?

......or are we bragging ?

dvd
Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - perleman
I had had my windscreen replaced that day, and Autoglass had been unable to attach my rear view mirror so I was without it. Thought I half -spotted something flashing in my wing mirror but thought it was sunlight (which was behind me & very bright at the time)

Car is a Golf GTI. I am in the process of test driving some 3.0 Z4's and Boxter S's at the moment but am now (not supprisingly) going off the idea of getting one.
Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - Vin {P}
Does being given a FPN guarantee three points?

V
Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - AlanGowdy
Be thankful you got off so lightly.
Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - Mad Maxy
Looks like you could be a lucky fella. I once got pulled for 98.5 on a deserted dual carriageway at 6.00 am on a Sunday. FPN and 3 points only. I guess I must have reacted in the right way too. It was dark, which was pretty daft of me. I've been more sensible since...
Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - Lud
I suspect plod is decent about this sort of thing if driving not diabolical and attitude test passed. The only time I was ever seriously pulled for speeding I had seen 115 a couple of minutes earlier, so must have been well over 100. The A Team on the M40 (Hi fellas!) said it had clocked me at 88. This was a while back as they were in a Rover SD1. If they give you a fixed penalty it isn't likely they will have entered a speed liable to get you banned in the paperwork.
Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - Peter D
Buy a lottery ticket your luck is in. A FPN at 110. 105 is a Ban. Produce your document quickly they may retain your licnece there an then so take your cheque book. Take the points and hope no one comes back at you with a DD charge. as has happened on reports on the Pepipoo.com site. Regards Peter
Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - Dalglish
.. Got pulled doing 110 on the M1 today, the policeman said they'd recorded me doing up to 115 at one point. ..

i seem to recall that ben (perleman) has a liking for fast cars, and did a forum search to see what car he drives. that proved that he does like speed; quotes from some of his previous threads:

I've fallen in love with the idea of getting a porsche 928.

I'm seriously tempted by a Ferrari 348.

I need something a bit flash with a bit of poke

I put my foot down (was going at about 85 in 5th) and to my horror, the 106 kept gaining on me - I had to drop to 4th and accelerate to 120ish before he couldn't keep up / gave up.

The cars I've thought about are:
BMW M3 E46 ('01 ish) -- worried about losing value now new shape is due
BMW Z4 ('03) --
A4 Conv 3.0 / 3.0 quat ('02-'03) -- doesn't look that fast on paper (7.6s 0-60)
Boxter S ('00 ish) --
Other considerations (where running costs scare me):
Maseratti 3200 ('99 ish)
Merc CL500 ('01 ish)
BMW M5 ('01 ish)

so what car was ben perleman driving when caught speeding?

Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - IanJohnson
When you take

" was genuinly appologetic & regretful, . . . . , but I still think I had the luckyest escape ever. Lesson learned."

With

"I put my foot down (was going at about 85 in 5th) and to my horror, the 106 kept gaining on me - I had to drop to 4th and accelerate to 120ish before he couldn't keep up / gave up."

It gives a different message to the original post on its own.

Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - oilrag
"but I still think I had the luckyest escape ever."

My sister could beat that, she got pulled over on the M1 in the late 1970s in the early hours, plod not only let her go, but also asked her out on a date .
Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - David Horn
"but I still think I had the luckyest escape ever."
My sister could beat that, she got pulled over on the
M1 in the late 1970s in the early hours, plod not
only let her go, but also asked her out on a
date .

So that's where I've been going wrong... ;)
Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - Mad Maxy
>>> so what car was ben perleman driving when caught speeding?

Dalglish, you should try and get out more... :-)
Caught doing 110 MPH - 3 points & fine - Dalglish
Dalglish, you should try and get out more... :-)

ok micky. i am going out now. ...... :: ;-) ::