VW Passat TDi 1997 suspension problems - zebidee
Hi everyone I hope somebody can help me please !!!

When driving the car I have noticed that it slants to the left like the suspension or shock absorbers have gone, this is especially noticeable when there is a passenger or you go around corners.

I had a mate look at it and they have said that the rubber bits on the suspension( possibly the upper arm - but not sure if its callled this) have perished and when they go competely it will cause the car to steer really badly. Trouble is I have no idea what the rubber parts are called and i need ot get some !!! ? Trouble is I can't find anything that looks like the rubber bit on the internet and when i lok at upper arms they do not appear to have this rubber bit attached.

Can anybody help me please?
VW Passat TDi 1997 suspension problems - 659FBE
These cars have a crazy self-destruct front suspension whose geometry is such as to overstress all of its moving parts. On a car of this age, the upper and lower control arms will probably need to be replaced - these include the rubber "bits" which are the inner pivot bushes.

I'm afraid this is not a cheap job - and will be all the more expensive if the pinch bolts have rusted in, as they are almost certain to do.

This was an all time VAG cock-up which they have not repeated on the current Passat.

VW Passat TDi 1997 suspension problems - neil99
Problem on passat and A4. There are about 8 bits to suspension but dont be fooled into having lot changed. I have paid between £70 and £200 quid in the past. Last time was cheapest when local garage only changed one part and its been fine for last 18 months. There are a few previous posts on this site and many peopole will have had same problem. I'm probably due for another part to be change!