Ultraseal - IanJohnson
SWMBO has suffered five puncures in around 30k miles - two repairable and three new tyres. In comparison I have suffered 2 in the last 250k in company cars.

I am considering Ultraseal for her tyres - cost for all four of around 50% of the price of one new tyre.

Anyone any experience of this product?
Ultraseal - L'escargot
SWMBO has suffered five puncures in around 30k miles - two
repairable and three new tyres.

Does she go into engineering factory car parks? In my experience that's where you get the most punctures ~ from swarf etc.
--
L\'escargot.
Ultraseal - Geordie1
I had my motorcycle tyres subjected to the 'Ultraseal' process 3 years ago following which I have had no punctures nor any other tyre related problems.
Ultraseal - barchettaman
Slight digression, but is there and equivalent product for bicycle tyres? Mrs B has had 2 punctures in the last fortnight, and I´m getting a bit fed up of patching her inner tubes (oo er)
Ultraseal - martint123
This gunk doesn't stop punctures, it just hides them from you.
"two repairable and three new tyre" was the three new ones because the puncture was in an area where it is not recommended to repair them? Would you trust gunk more than a full mushroom headed patch.
So your wife could be driving on a tyre with five holes in the carcase without knowing about it and just gunk keeping it on the road. hmmmmmm.
Ultraseal - mal
I use a similar product on my ride on lawnmower, only to save a tow home (big lawn), but would rather risk a puncture than use it on my car.
Is is not a bit messy for the tyre fitters!.

Mal.
Ultraseal - SteVee
I've used it in motorcycle tyres and never had a problem with it. I've seen some impressive demonstrations of it.
It's been discussed on this board before, so a search might turn up some useful comments regarding car use.
Ultraseal - Dynamic Dave
Similar product called "super Guard" on sale at QVC.

www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params....6
Ultraseal - rover 75
Slight digression, but is there and equivalent product for bicycle tyres?

Yes its called Green Slime and /or belted tyres from various companies , Swallow (German) , Vredestein (Dutch) recomended .
Ultraseal - barchettaman
Thanks!
Ultraseal - jc2
SLIME is available for cars,m/c and bikes;have a look at their website.
Ultraseal/ Gunk/Slime etc - KenC
Check out an ASDA super store ( with a cycle section) I have seen a similar product for cycles at Basildon Asda ( town centre).
Ultraseal/ Gunk/Slime etc - jc2
If you're in Basildon go to Halfords;for bikes they sell Slime to put in yourself and tubes already filled.
Ultraseal/ Gunk/Slime etc - Hamsafar
I used some peach coloured goop a few years ago, after an expensive spate of non-repairable punctures.
It wasn't great, it would centrifuge out of the hole and leave a line of splat on the wheel arc liner. The only good thing it would do it prevent sudden deflations and slow them down to over a few days. There were no balancing problems, and when I had a tyre replaced, the goop had formed a thin and neat uniform layer over the inside of the tyre, rather like pva glue when half dry, it didn't run, once spead out, it was more like gravy or custard after you spread that out - it stays where it is.