VW parts near Yeovil (Calling Guy Lacey?) - Rob F
I am the now the mildly irritated owner of one of these new fangled carburettor-less Golfs from the late eighties. (It's great really - just a little more complex than my clockwork Polo)

Anyway, the front exhaust silencer blows like a low flying Lancaster and I'm very reluctant to get one of the fast fit places to put another tissue paper box on with a 13 month rust through guarantee.

Does anywhere near Yeovil sell Ernst (or similar good quality) exhausts? I know G&S in Bristol do, but it's a bit far away. Or are there any decent exhaust suppliers around here? I'm not afraid to crawl underneath and fit it myself, so long as I don't ever have to do that section again.

Cheers,

Rob F
Re: VW parts near Yeovil (Calling Guy Lacey?) - Ben Chapman
Dont bother with Ernst, get a VAG one from your local main dealer- prices are very reasonable, i paid £34 for a first intermediate silencer for a mk.2 16v.

Ben
Re: VW parts near Yeovil (Calling Guy Lacey?) - Guy Lacey aka Golf Geek
There's soon to be a G&S opening in Taunton - it may already be open. It is on Cornishway Trading Estate just off the "Crematorium" roundabout.

You could also contact Darryl at Carshop on 0800-435-005 as they act as G&S agents, I think!

Why not try a Powerflow custom s/s section from Phil Sargent in Yeovil? 01935-427-554.

I've got an Ernst back-box and have been very happy with it to be honest - had a Sebring system on my old 16V and it was sweet.
Re: VW parts near Yeovil (Calling Guy Lacey?) - Rob F
Thanks chaps!

Rob F
Re: VW parts near Yeovil (Calling Guy Lacey?) - David W
Rob,

Just watch any place Guy sends you. They'll make you do ten laps of the car park with a barrel of burning tar on your back to get the trade discount!

David